Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
DanaPT

Dana PT better than I expected. . .

But still disappointed.

Slept in, goofed on setting the alarm. Still managed to be no the water before 6 and not quite sure which direction to head. Last minute decision decided to go north to the kelp. Winds were tolerable but the water was confused and rough. Light drizzle too.

At destination:
Drop sardine to bottom and to gaff or not gaff. I had a questionable sized butt to the yak. . .It was a skinny fish so I netted, measured and figured what the heck. 25 inches will be a good start to my planned father's day dinner. I Put the game clip on and off I went.

At another spot:
Drop another sardine to bottom. . . bam! nice fish on, wow a PB. A Decent gaff job, I managed to lift it on the Yak (I'm estimating this was between 32-35 inches). I noticed the hook was in just enough (by no means a solid hook). Then it occurred to me. . . I have a very lively 25 inch butt on the clip already, hmmmm. So I reached for the clip anyway and before you can say "hey bone-head don't..." the PB fish made his move, stinger hook gets stuck to the fish finder, line breaks and my PB swims to the bottom of the sea with a belly pierce. . Anger. . . not how it was supposed to be. oh well.

Drop another sardine to bottom and . . . well, I fished for another few hours with many of raked bait and missed opportunities. Did manage the by catch sand bass, bugger swallowed the stinger otherwise I planned to C&R.

This fumbling fisherman was off the warm 67 water at 12.

Not sure this 25" hali is going to do the trick so I may need to give it another shake before Sunday.

Fisher people, have a great week.
Attached Images

DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Journeyman
Junior

Nice job man! Sounds like an exciting morning.

I plan on hitting DP tomorrow morning and I think I'm gonna head for the kelp, thanks for the report.
Journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Whizz Bang

You got to love the laid back fishing of a zero wave launch, bait barge, and dock side refreshments....and halis and wsb to boot. Makes me happy I a N county guy!
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
deepdvr

My term for Dana: Country club fishing - no surf, easy bait, good fishing and lots of bikinis around