Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an SCI charter mothership trip on this date or in general?
July 1st/2nd 2 6.67%
July 8th/9th 8 26.67%
neither, but would be interested in a future date this summer 20 66.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
madscientist

SCI Charter

Team OEX met with a six pack charter Captain last night to discuss kayak mothership trips from his boat, the No Limits.

http://www.nolimitssportfishing.com/

Capt Jason was willing to set up a run to San Clemente either July 1 or 2 and/or 8 or 9. These trips would leave the night before around 9:00PM, get to SCI before dawn where the boat would anchor, then the kayaks would be unloaded and we'd fish till 1:00-2:00pm (maybe later if he's not booked the next day) before heading home to get to the docks around 9:00pm. The cost would be around $350 and would include food and bait.

We also discussed trips to the Coronados, 4:00am-6:00pm kind of deal, for around $250.

This is a great chance to get in on the awesome mixed bag fishing that is SCI. At least one of our Pro Staff would be one each trip and Jason and his crew know what they are doing. I have fallen in love with the variety of fishing opportunities at SCI. It really is a unique place and an almost perfect kayak fishing location. Doing it from a six pack boat is ideal.

At this point we are trying to gauge if there if enough interest for these trips to run. As you know, small charters like these need definitive commitments from people to assure they cover their costs so we would need 6 people paid up for these to go. Please respond to the poll and/or post a reply if you have any interest.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Just to add to Brad's posting:

The initial price may sound high as we just did a trip for less. Take into consideration that this is PRIMETIME when boats are turned toward the tuna, the Islander does not run motherships through the Summer. If any of you have ever set up a charter you know they are more than open party trips(OEX is making no money on these). The biggest appeal of these trips in my mind is you can talk to 5 of your friends and set up this trip together. 6 bass fanatics can go or 6 big game fisherman can set it up and fish accordingly.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #3
No Limits

As of right now I do not have anything booked those weekends. If we depart on the Saturday evenings to fish sunday we should be able to stay there until 3pm or so....

In the event I do happen to book an overnight trip for the following Monday I would need to be back at the dock around 6-7pm to prep the boat for a 9pm departure. in which case we would need to leave the island around 1-2pm. Which will still give you guys 8-10 hrs of fishing.

If anyone has any particular questions about the boat feel free to shoot me a pm.
No Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
dmr

I can't do those dates, but a six-pack charter sounds like an excellent idea.
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
Dan

I like the sound of future dates with lots of notice!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
fishinhb

Just throwing this out to the LA County kayak fishermen, there was an overnite kayak mothership trip from LA County to Catalina for around $125 last year. Anyone remember that boat? Price wise this would be in my budget. I don't think the boat runs tuna trips so this may be an option if anyone can recall that charter boats name.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
No Limits

with 5 of you interested in the July 8th / 9th trip I would suggest getting in touch with Brent @ OEX asap. (before I get a booking for a offshore trip) I don't see a problem with getting a 6th person to join.

We will also figure out one or two dates in August as well.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
Habu

The boat out of L A was probably the Westerly out of 22nd st. they have been doing those trips for years. its a dive boat and they have a large platform they lower in the water of the transom. So when you load your kayaks your standing in knee deep water
Habu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #9
fishinhb

Robert,

Thanks! That's the one. We should try to get something together with them since the season is about to get hot!

A deals a deal. They definitely gave a good one. You in?

Ron
fishinhb
Old 06-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #10
Habu

Ron,

I' m Always up for a mothersip trip! :lol: Especially if the destination is S.C.I Or actually been fantasizing about San Nic. :roll:
Habu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #11
FISHIONADO

Brad, is the July 8/9 trip going to work? I called Brent at OEX and signed up last week but it was still tentative. Dave
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
FISHIONADO

I just heard from Jason, not enough confirmations to lock in the trip yet. Come on guys, call Brent at OEX or Jason at No Limits and book this trip. You don't have to take off work on a Friday or Monday and you get to fish SCI.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #13
No Limits

Not only that, the trip is almost a 1 1/2 day trip. I normally charge $2850 for a 1 day tuna trip. So this is a smoking deal.

I also carry 10-16 scoops of bait (depending on the condition of it when I pick it up) that means bait all day for you.

We need to have at least deposits by this monday June 26th. Call Brent at OEX to make arrangements.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:04 PM   #14
FISHIONADO

My brother just confirmed, can we get 4 more?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:14 AM   #15
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO
My brother just confirmed, can we get 4 more?
From the "poll" there were 8 guys interested in that July 8th date. If that is the case please get in touch with Brent at OEX to make your reservation. We have until Monday 06/26 to make it a definate go or not.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
lamb

Jason?!?

Is this Jason, famous skipper of even more famous "No Limits" boat, the winner of last summer's Make a Wish tuna tourney??

http://tunachallenge.org/forms/tc_results2005.pdf
Old 07-23-2006, 04:27 AM   #17
Hobi-Wan Kenobi
Junior

Mothership Trip in Aug

Hi there!

I'd be interested in a mothership trip some time in Aug, though i'm unsure of the date as of this moment.
I'm living in LV (move from SF) and have been jonesing for some kayak fishing or any reel fishing for that matter.
I put some feelers out on the kayak4fish board and was sent here by dgax65 :lol:
Could also do that CI trip for $125 in LA County for that great price. Looking forward to some action.

"May the Fish Be With You!"
Hobi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote