Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
Aaron&Julie

We got bugs in our 'but hole...

...on our double tail day. It's a late report for Thursday, but here goes.
Headed north to Dana Point to try for some halibut in the morning and lobster in the evening.
Launched just before sunrise, we each picked up a $5 scoop of bait from Andre at the receiver and dragged sardines along the bottom until about noon. Julie caught and released a legal 'but shortly after Aaron landed this 10 lber:

With both of us securing some points for WCW, we decided to take a rest and lunch break before the sunset search for bugs. Launched a 2nd time a little after 6:00PM, nets onboard. Dozens of shorts later Julie got our first legal bug of the season. About 9:30PM, Aaron got one too. Here's the photo the next day of our first bugs of the season:

Since we had minutes left on our prepaid parking ticket we had to leave. That was okay by us because the next night we had fresh grilled halibut and lobster for dinner. Oh yeah!
Old 10-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

Nice combo plate!

Ken
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

So, I had to look at the leaderboard to see how close you two were getting to knockin me out of the money and noticed that you Two should be tied for 3RD with those 2 'buts. That is pretty cool and I need to go fishin' :lol:

Congrats on the tastey dinner!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
MKNOTT

Got the visual on that Subject :lol: Nice dinner. MKNOTT

When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea, <O
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
MKNOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
ski

Nice catch A&J. Great dinny for shure!
Mark
ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
Aaron&Julie

Thanks, everyone.
Actually Andy, I think I'm in danger of losing my back massages, since the little yellow I fought away from a seal on Oct 1st temporarily puts me in front of Julie. We both are kind of expecting to stiill nail another yellow or two before October passes. We're expecting you to do the same and hold your position in the standings. The contenders in 6th and 7th are still within reach of all 3 of us, because they have a mulligan available. Adi has a good chance to play his, having already secured a nice 52 or 53 points for his tournament fish. One more flat one for him this month and it's a race to the wire. Definitely not counting out Ken, either. With the possibility of another big 'but (like he got last month) or a quality WSB or two, anything can still happen. Should be interesting.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
lamb

Interesting?! I say as tense as it gets. Brad may have fished his ass off, but now he is actually missing out on all the fun…

Beware of Mr. Seriola!! We’re all hosed if that guy improves his submission administration.

Yella or two ought to be under each of our belts by the end of the year. It’s looking good down South; I hope they decide to check the North grounds soon.

Nice trip for you 2 A&J. Looks like you got the best out of it.

I have always wondered – which one of you posts on the net? Or you guys take turns?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
Aaron&Julie

Adi, our write-ups are often a team effort, like our fishing trips, fish cleaning duties, vacuum sealing fish, cooking fish, etc.