Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Little Kelp but Big Calicos

Made my way to the can with tyler and proceeded to flip the switch on my bait tank and nothin :? go to pull the battery out and I find that in my hurry to leave the apt this morn, I clumsily reversed the hot/ground wires to the battery....so when I hit the switch I blew the fuse....went to check the fuse but it was pretty hard to see with my cheap headlamp and 5am light...I pull the fuse and the metal cap is still stuck in the waterproof inline fuseholder....long story short, I can't hold more than 2 macs on the flyline and 4 in the kayatank that I manually filled with water and occasionally dumped fresh seawater in using a gatorade bottle...anyway, I fished in front of the condo in 20'- 40' of water...I didn't venture out fearing that I wouldn't be able to make bait outside with the pbers and unfortunately for me, the YT....But it was all you want Calico....It didn't matter how big the mac, it was still getting eaten...I even scored one on a bare hook :shock: I caught a few small calis but most were 5-7 lbs...all released, all hooked in the corner of the mouth....didn't get a YT but big calicos will do..
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #2
Will B.

Is the condo you fished in front of near the Children's Pool?
Will B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:26 AM   #3
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

It's the biggest rectanglular building on point LJ....you cant miss it...it's white, with it's front face full of windows...it's right on the edge of the point...
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote