Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
md

nice wsc in israel

a long time pase since i worte here and its nice to have somthing new to report on.
yesterday we went out to psddle in askelon. we lonch at 5:00 am, we went out with 7 kayaks' so we sepereted to two groups.
as my group rich the 54 ft dept i throw my jig down and start working (verticle jiging). after 1/3 of the dept i had big strike and i gave an hookset an start fighting the fish. u thoght it was an amberjack , because of the fight but it was 20lb wsb.
wile i hook up the fisg i called a friend that it was is first time for kayakfishing and he sent his jig down and he had a strike but didint hooked the fish.
it was nice to have nice fish in the dead season over here.
that was my first big fish on the shimano torium 20 that swingingfish brought me when he arrived israel in june, that was anaizing to deal with the fish and as swingingfish tolled me " when you will catch a big fish with conventionle reel , you will never gone to fish spinning reel".
he was write, know i want to but a speedmaster.
so thanks to avery and hope to write again soon
menash
md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
md

Re: nice wsb in israel

Quote:
Originally Posted by md
a long time pase since i worte here and its nice to have somthing new to report on.
yesterday we went out to psddle in askelon. we lonch at 5:00 am, we went out with 7 kayaks' so we sepereted to two groups.
as my group rich the 54 ft dept i throw my jig down and start working (verticle jiging). after 1/3 of the dept i had big strike and i gave an hookset an start fighting the fish. u thoght it was an amberjack , because of the fight but it was 20lb wsb.
wile i hook up the fisg i called a friend that it was is first time for kayakfishing and he sent his jig down and he had a strike but didint hooked the fish.
it was nice to have nice fish in the dead season over here.
that was my first big fish on the shimano torium 20 that swingingfish brought me when he arrived israel in june, that was anaizing to deal with the fish and as swingingfish tolled me " when you will catch a big fish with conventionle reel , you will never gone to fish spinning reel".
he was write, know i want to but a speedmaster.
so thanks to avery and hope to write again soon
menash
md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
kurt

Nice fish. If everyone could just put the guns down and pick up a fishing pole... people would be throwing jigs at each other. Stay safe.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Great fish. Very cool to hear about fishing on the other side of the world.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #5
Dennis

That's a nice fish, menash. Thanks for the report.
-Dennis
Old 07-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #6
Aaron&Julie

Nice fish, Menash. Sounds like you are a true "diehard" fisherman, judging by your reports. Keep it up.