Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Exclamation IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Understand something, all of us will be directly affected by what happens in this whole MLPA process.

If you fish from a kayak, you will have to fish a minimum 3 miles out.

If you fish from the shore, good luck casting 3 miles out.

If you spearfish, kick your fins hard, 3 miles out.

Here is what you really need to know for those that think we are overreacting...

If their implementation of MPA's pass and your favorite fishing area happens to be on their list, you will not be able to fish that area for 5 years.

5 YEARS!

Guess what?

If after those 5 years, they decide that it has worked, after review, they can extend it another 5 YEARS!

Do you really want that?

Stand up and be heard...this whole process has been a mockery, and they are having fun watching us squirm.

Those that have been fighting this are doing it for their fishing rights, and for your fishing rights. There are those that have sacrificed vacation days, sick days, less pay, and time away from their families...

I am selfish - I am doing this for my Son. I have been fishing and diving La Jolla for close to 30 years, and I want my Son to enjoy all the ocean has to offer. La Jolla, Malibu, Laguna, they are all jewels.

There are those of us who want to be able to pass on great memories, and there are those of us who want to be able to have active memories with our children.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
MVC

I think that one of the big issues is that the State does not have the money to monitor the closures. Most likely any closure will be forever.
MVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
Grego

What really ticks me off is they are touting how current regulations are not enough, but we've all seen the increase in number and size of wsb and halibut due to current efforts (size/limits and hatcheries) and the stopping of bottom trawling.

So after the next 5 years, they are going to tout how the "MPA's" did all this recovery, and take credit for what's already been happening.

Typical slimy liberal extremist way....
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote