Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-07-2019, 11:06 PM   #21
Raskal311

I source the side plate, cross bars, and legs separately online to build a clone of the prinsu rack. The weak point is probably the Yakima tracks, the rack can handle anything I need up there. It has a dynamic load of about 500 lbs.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:57 AM   #22
MrPukaShell

Very nice set up got everything you need right there. Nice not having all of your food sitting in milky cheese water. Best of all is being able to get out of the wind if needed. Thanks for sharing
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:03 AM   #23
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Your rig is great. It looks like you've thought through every detail.

I see the multi-purpose shower head and I'm wondering what you are using as a portable toilet? I assume you have a good Internet connection and onboard computer? What kinds of security systems do you have in place? What are you using as a clean and fire-safe heater in your small sleeping quarters with limited air capacity? Do you have warm water available for your spray nozzle?

You are obviously a creative inventor with a rich imagination :-)

Bravo!

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 05-08-2019 at 05:30 AM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #24
GTboosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post
I source the side plate, cross bars, and legs separately online to build a clone of the prinsu rack. The weak point is probably the Yakima tracks, the rack can handle anything I need up there. It has a dynamic load of about 500 lbs.
Nice. I might ask you for more info when I decide to get one. The Prinsu is too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Very nice set up got everything you need right there. Nice not having all of your food sitting in milky cheese water. Best of all is being able to get out of the wind if needed. Thanks for sharing
Thanks. The fridge is definitely a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NiceGuy View Post
Your rig is great. It looks like you've thought through every detail.

I see the multi-purpose shower head and I'm wondering what you are using as a portable toilet? I assume you have a good Internet connection and onboard computer? What kinds of security systems do you have in place? What are you using as a clean and fire-safe heater in your small sleeping quarters with limited air capacity? Do you have warm water available for your spray nozzle?

You are obviously a creative inventor with a rich imagination :-)

Bravo!
Thanks. The credit goes to the trailer builder. I just over prepare for trips. Lol

No portable toilet yet. I might get one if I want to take my family on boondocking trips. Not needed at campgrounds. But if I take my rig by myself, a shovel will do

No computer or additional internet connection. The trailer has electrical and I wired it for solar. Inside there is chargers and a small flip down TV plus a radio with external speakers. I also have a mount for an iPad so I might get rid of the TV.

Everything in the trailer locks. Theres is also interior locks that prevent the doors for opening even if you have a similar key. No heater as the trailer is insulated. I thought I would need one but I was toasty in 27 degree night temps. It can be retrofitted with an external vented heater called a Propex. They put those in the Volkswagen Van's. But I dont think I will ever need it. No hot water. Same thing, it can be added but I dont have the need yet.

Basically my trailer is a glorified hard shell tent lol

It has some comforts but not as nice as the big rigs. It fits in my apartment's carport so it fits me at this point in life.