Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
peguinpower
bing!

Launching in LJ later this week....

Is there any change to the launch situation due to the winter storms tearing the beach up?

So we need to walk down our kayaks from the road? Any arrangements I need to know? Do we have to jump down any cuts in the sand?

I didnt go the whole of last year. Any changes to the parking situation? Any early morning parking restrictions? I heard some talk of that.

Thanks.
peguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
TCS

Last week I backed my van up to the barrier on the north side of the street to get my kayak down. There was a nice alley between the kelp and the big drain structure to pull the yak through with no rods on it. Another trip for the rods and tackle. When I got back to the van after the second trip a meter maid dude was zooming in to write me a ticket. I hopped in before he came to a full stop and drove away, but he had his ticket machine out and seemed to be punching in my plate number. I still don't know if I got a ticket.

Anyway, the launch is accesible but watch out for the frustrated city worker whose wife slaps him around at home. He'll take it out on you!

I hate those bastards. Don't even get me started on the 1st and 3rd Thursday bullshit. I need a better insult for him than meter maid dude. How about meter malemaid? Meter shemale? Meter girlieman? I think I could use some help here.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #3
lpf-wildlandfire
Junior

parking guy

rooster sucking chum guzzler... not sure how bad you wanna get but im suer you can fig. that 1 out lo or son of a mother less goat ... come stain monkey phucker.. they got me a few times i know hes doing his job but do it to some 1 elses truck is my idea have a few more but im sure kids come here i might be border line with what i got .. im not having a good day also.. but all that kinda made me fell a lil better ,!@#$%^..&%#$&*.&^#!$^&.. ok now i feel amazing.. just need to get my fishing stuff back from the fresh ex girlfriend im sure that the first thing she went and distroyed..

Last edited by lpf-wildlandfire; 02-09-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: a lil more venting
lpf-wildlandfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
Lil Dougie
Junior

Come on guys, the 1st and 3rd thurs is only 2 days a month. Its not that hard to NOT park in those areas. Just read the signs if you are worried about parking.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 AM   #5
stairman

As the metermerman comes rushing down to ticket you for using the roads and beaches that you already pay taxes for and a citizen says it is just two days a week ,you will see your freedom disappear like a fully scaled dean in eruption of yellowtail eating the same.
Freedom is a big rock but even mountains get worn down a single crystall of quartz at a time.
If the employees of the government you allow to do the "necessary work " of government take it upon them selves to enforce the law without reguards to the spirit of which those laws are enacted then the road to tirany will be paved the dead spirit of the governed.
.. in other words look out for the bastards!
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
yakrider

come burping gutter slut
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
sterling

An ex co worker had a "high speed flee" from a meter bitch a few years ago. Apparently they wrote the ticket but was never able to put it on the windshield since he got away before the nazi could complete the job.
He never did get a ticket
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #8
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairman View Post
If the employees of the government you allow to do the "necessary work " of government take it upon them selves to enforce the law without regards to the spirit of which those laws are enacted then the road to tyranny will be paved the dead spirit of the governed.
Absolutely correct!
blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
Iceman
Administrator

there are not many people that I'd like to see taken out by a sniper...............
Old 02-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
Ed
Fringe Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
come burping gutter slut
I know her.
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
erinoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
there are not many people that I'd like to see taken out by a sniper...............

But Just a Few
erinoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #12
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Simple solution for a comeback to those, less fortunate...

Ask him if his wife knows that he borrowed her pants, then add 'I bet her arse looks much nicer in them'...

I got a ticket one time in DM by a 6'5" meter douche, I was a minute too late, I asked him if his boyfriend was as tall as him...when he asked 'What did you just say', I told him that he must be the beyotch in the relationship, your boyfriend must be as tall as you since you borrowed his pants. Does he call you Rita?

True to form, he called in the deputies...they couldn't believe I said that to him...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
bellcon

Quote:
I was a minute too late, I asked him if his boyfriend was as tall as him...when he asked 'What did you just say', I told him that he must be the beyotch in the relationship, your boyfriend must be as tall as you since you borrowed his pants. Does he call you Rita?
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #14
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

So TMan, what did they charge you with, insulting a meterman without a permit? Those permits cost the same as the parking ticket and are sold at a kiosk in an alley near the shores every second Thursday.

Seriously though, I am all for obeying the law and all that, but like most of us I got tagged for parking on the wrong side of the street at 0-dark-thirty one Thursday morning. Sure, I should have read the sign but it was dark and I had no clue that the signs were there. It was my bad and I paid the fine without a fight. It still pisses me off though.

I keep hearing that we do not have enough cops on the street to stop crime but they aways seem to find time to do enforce this kind of piddly stuff. Of course, this brings in money and catching bad guys costs money. I guess in the end, everything comes down to money doesn't it?

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote