Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
Deamon

darkhorsefishdope.com. teamsewerspots.rr.com Drakeshotspotnow.com

I would pay big money for those services.

Lets be honest...most of us are bragging when rewarded because of the time, cost and effort given/required, that's it.

I'm merely grateful when fresh posts are put up, that's all I need to get me off the couch. Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Old 06-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #22
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
darkhorsefishdope.com. teamsewerspots.rr.com Drakeshotspotnow.com

I would pay big money for those services.

Lets be honest...most of us are bragging when rewarded because of the time, cost and effort given/required, that's it.

I'm merely grateful when fresh posts are put up, that's all I need to get me off the couch. Jim
I can just see it:

darkhorsefishdope.com (This site will tell you where to fish and what is biting)
teamsewerspots.rr.com (this site will tell you where not to fish and what is not biting)
Drakeshotspotnow.com (this site will tell you what condition the females are and where they are at and what is biting)

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
Old 06-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #23
BrokeLoser

Since some people feel like I was finger pointing with this thread aimed at them (you know who you are)...haha...I should add that I do read some quality reports here. (you know who you are)

Also, with regard to sharing hot spots. Have you noticed that some of the best fishermen...Iceman (Andy) and (Fiskadoro) Jim Day to name a couple generally have no problem sharing detailed information...ironic?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #24
MrM

A fun story that goes with a picture is good in my book. Everyone enjoys a fun read. What you post is up to you. No matter what you do, you'll never please everyone; whether they reply and say so or not. Simple as that. Having that said, in the end its just about the . Catching is a bonus.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #25
ful-rac
Emperor

JIM DAY!!!!!!!

did we just have another "elite" moment!?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #26
BrokeLoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
A fun story that goes with a picture is good in my book. Everyone enjoys a fun read. What you post is up to you. No matter what you do, you'll never please everyone; whether they reply and say so or not. Simple as that. Having that said, in the end its just about the . Catching is a bonus.
I'm not arguing that at all...
I'm just saying that the idea of a "fishing report" should not become a posted photo followed by; 'Caught this fish in the Pacific Ocean somewhere.'
Old 06-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #27
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrM View Post
Right on MrM!

It's not all about catching fish, knowing the particular depth and temp, location... if it was a lot of us would have quit years ago. It's mostly about having fun...and we do have a lot of fun!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
beef78
Large Member

A photo should be included, but no measuring device so there is no dispute of how heavy/long the fish actually is.
if there are any recognizable landmarks in the back of the photo, they should be blacked out.
also, have a backup rod ready with a decoy bait/lure to hook perfectly into the fishes upper lip to throw off people trying to figure out your secret bait.
An overestimate of the approximate size and weight should be included.
Also, an approximate penis size. Remember that actual length is calculated by multiplying measured length by 1.4 to eliminate human error and parralax.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #29
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Lets start working on a name for the new forum now.
My vote is:
"Hey look at me...I'm the sh!t...and you wish you were me."

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=12178

30,40,50 and 60lb club

maybe they posted in the wrong place, or there fish couldn't make the cut.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #30
StinkyMatt

Is it December?

I thought these little things popped up during winter when fishing is slower.

My two cents.

Do not tell another fisherman what to do and what to post. I usually post up info if I get lucky. However, do not tell me what I must include. Individual's choice. As soon as you tell me I can't take barracuda, guess what I'm gonna keep 40 of them!

Just accept that we are going to disagree on many things.

We all come from different angles:

there rookies that just don't know any better.

There are experienced guys that just don't need the hassle

There are jerks that like to mess with people.

There are pros who's paycheck depends on the info/ conditions/ crowds out there.

Just fish and enjoy the posts that do make it online.

Now, who has the numbers on that BSB bite in LJ?
Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
Baja_Traveler

I especially like the pictures with the photoshopped twizzled out backgrounds.

Gives me an idea what it must be like to fish on drugs.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
Drake

I used to post up detailed fishing reports, until I saw the impact first hand.

10 days straight fishing last fall with just me and Rob on the water. Hardly any other kayaks and boats out there except for a couple loners. We had a pretty steady bite all to ourselves.

We made some phone calls and some texts to just a few people we know could keep it quiet. After almost two weeks of steady reels peeling, an unnamed kayaker landed two solid trophy fish. He went home, posted it up by 4pm and the post had 1,000 views by the morning. When I launched the next morning, there were 25 kayaks, and no less than 15 boats on the grounds.

Any thread with "LJ" in the post will have 1,000 views in 24 hours. Think about who is watching that forum. If you think its just a few kayakers viewing it a bunch of times, you haven't been paying attention.

Hell, I was fishing when the 3 Sea Bass in 2 hours post went up and within 15 minutes I received 4 phone calls and 3 text messages about the bite.

Look at how many WSB are getting killed up north
The same thing happened on the Iron bite this January. Half a hundred kayaks throwing irons 10 feet from each other.

The internet is killing the fishery. I post my fish weeks after they are caught, and I only post the ones that have a "story" or "comedic value" to them.

All the real fish reports happen on the phone and through text messages within a tight circle of fisherman who have earned a mutual respect from one another because they have showed the capability to find their own info. It's a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" relationship. Not a bunch of parasitic people who only care to paddle out when there is a high % chance of catching a fish.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #33
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
talk to people while your out there, you'll find that most people are pretty friendly and don't mind giving you info.
Nailed it on the head. You have to be on the water to learn what is going on.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #34
ericko

So what do i need to bring on a mothership trip

I need help all i ever see is pictures of REALLY BIG fish but what are they eating ,how warm is the water at 5ft or is it 65ft.....can anybody pretty please just give me the fishing rod with a fish on it so that i can real it in....

REALLY is that what you want dont think so ...Broke there are plenty of us that will show you first hand what your asking but you need to get on the water with us sewer crew/lollipop boys thats all ful-rac and others are saying...hell some live out your way and might even car pool...

peace out
Old 06-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #35
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post

Also, with regard to sharing hot spots. Have you noticed that some of the best fishermen...Iceman (Andy) and (Fiskadoro) Jim Day to name a couple generally have no problem sharing detailed information...ironic?
Geez....you haven't noticed that some(most) of the other best kayak fisherman no longer share or contribute on this site?. I wonder why?

However, I must say the entertainment value of this forum is through the roof the last couple of years!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #36
mrJB

DRAKE HAS IT!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #37
beef78
Large Member

yeah, it would be nice if more people would practice catch and release. I think some of the new size limits help keep the numbers up.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #38
BrokeLoser

Guys, I hate to break it to you but we aren't the only ones catching fish and reporting it on a website...the information is out there. We all know fish move around and today's hot hole may not not yield a return tomorrow.
I just find it odd that a fishing report has become almost nothing like a report at all...or maybe I got it all wrong and need to look up the definition of report...or maybe it's just that the name of the forum is wrong, "Fishing Reports"....or...sheesh, now I'm getting all semantic.

Their is nothing confusing to me about it...if you're gonna go through the trouble of posting a photo and half-ass report in a forum titled "Fishing Reports" shouldn't it have some real "report" as we know it value? Or, should it be posted in another forum?
Old 06-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #39
easyday

I love reading the story and being the novice I am it gives me something to aspire to. I hooked into some wsb 2 weeks ago and willingly shared exactly where it was at and everything. Even thoigh I didn't hook anything. But thats me I wanted to see of someone with more experience could land that sucker for breaking me off 2x. The only thing I would like to know is what tackle was used (for me the novice) so I can get some ideas of what I should be using. I like the hunt and going out and finding my own. Ive been hunting a big hali for a couple weeks now and iblove how much progress ive made on my own on finding them and catching them. To each their own.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #40
monkeyfishturds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I used to post up detailed fishing reports, until I saw the impact first hand.

10 days straight fishing last fall with just me and Rob on the water. Hardly any other kayaks and boats out there except for a couple loners. We had a pretty steady bite all to ourselves.

We made some phone calls and some texts to just a few people we know could keep it quiet. After almost two weeks of steady reels peeling, an unnamed kayaker landed two solid trophy fish. He went home, posted it up by 4pm and the post had 1,000 views by the morning. When I launched the next morning, there were 25 kayaks, and no less than 15 boats on the grounds.

Any thread with "LJ" in the post will have 1,000 views in 24 hours. Think about who is watching that forum. If you think its just a few kayakers viewing it a bunch of times, you haven't been paying attention.

Hell, I was fishing when the 3 Sea Bass in 2 hours post went up and within 15 minutes I received 4 phone calls and 3 text messages about the bite.

Look at how many WSB are getting killed up north
The same thing happened on the Iron bite this January. Half a hundred kayaks throwing irons 10 feet from each other.

The internet is killing the fishery. I post my fish weeks after they are caught, and I only post the ones that have a "story" or "comedic value" to them.

All the real fish reports happen on the phone and through text messages within a tight circle of fisherman who have earned a mutual respect from one another because they have showed the capability to find their own info. It's a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" relationship. Not a bunch of parasitic people who only care to paddle out when there is a high % chance of catching a fish.

Well said, I wish everyone realized this.
Closed Thread