Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2015, 04:10 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Asuncion Numbers

I have a few spots that you guys might want to preload into your GPS before you come down. These are mainly out of San Roque. I have a few more important ones that I will write down the next time I have my GPS powered up.

High spot 1
N 27-09-725
W114-23-546

High spot 2
N 27-09-431
W114-23-619

Deep edge half way reef
N 27-09-322
W114-23-606

Rock pile
N 27-08-529
W114-23-613

High spots 1 and 2 are on reefs 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to San Roque island from the launch. They are in 20 to 30 ft of water within a couple jig casts of 110 ft. The high spots have swarms of chunky calicos and surrounding area is usually good for a couple YT on the way in. Loaded with bonito and log barracuda of late.
Deep edge is in the same area. About 85 ft and dropping quickly to 130 as you continue towards the island. All of my big yellows have come from this area. Not quantity but all 35+ lbs for me.

Rock pile is a starting point a little west of the Island. Any place within 1/2 mile of this spot holds lots of yellows. I am mainly a yo yo jig guy while the locals are trollers as in most of baja. There are days that they tend to out fish me and other days that I can drop on metered fish and they will troll around the area for a while por nada and move on. Since the water turned warm, most of my yellows have been within a few cranks of the bottom.

Gonna be great
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:30 AM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

And oh BTW, my amigo Juan was out with some clients a few days ago and after having their fill of tuna fishing they decided to stop down and do some calico fishing and one of the clients hooked and landed about a 50 lb wahoo. Expect the unexpected.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote