Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
MuddyMike

Greenhorns

Nice site here! I'm getting ready to dive into this sport with my father. We're working on a deal on a couple hobies, but hopefully will be geared up within a week.

After watching a lot of videos, I'm pretty excited about getting out there. It's also pretty fun to see how excited my father is about it. We've done a lot of fishing over the years, just not from kayaks.

We actually owned a couple scramblers 15 years ago or so, but they got stolen in Carlsbad and we never replaced them. If we knew about kayak fishing back then, we probably would have had them all rigged up.

I've been looking for some active forums to leech information from, and it looks like I've found it. I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of questions from me, so thanks in advance!
MuddyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyMike View Post
Nice site here! I'm getting ready to dive into this sport with my father. We're working on a deal on a couple hobies, but hopefully will be geared up within a week.

After watching a lot of videos, I'm pretty excited about getting out there. It's also pretty fun to see how excited my father is about it. We've done a lot of fishing over the years, just not from kayaks.

We actually owned a couple scramblers 15 years ago or so, but they got stolen in Carlsbad and we never replaced them. If we knew about kayak fishing back then, we probably would have had them all rigged up.

I've been looking for some active forums to leech information from, and it looks like I've found it. I'm sure you'll be seeing lots of questions from me, so thanks in advance!
welcome to our obsession
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Lets_Fish

Welcome Mike. I'm just up the road from you in Wildomar.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
MuddyMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets_Fish View Post
Welcome Mike. I'm just up the road from you in Wildomar.
Awesome, PM me if you are heading out and want company. I don't think I'll be prepared for another week or two.

I gotta figure out the transportation situation for the kayaks on my truck. It's an F250 with a 6' bed, toolbox, no shell. Not sure I want to put bars over the bed.

There's one promising mount that hooks up a bar to the hitch receiver, but I need to do more research on that.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

You can see pictures of my rig, -F350, workbox and racks on this thread. We really like this set up, it easily holds 2 kayaks, and my Son does all the work!!

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...?t=9175&page=2

-ED
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
MuddyMike

Hey Ed, are those custom, or did you buy that setup? If so, what is it?
Old 02-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #7
KennyHill

I also live in Temecula off hwy79. sombody stopped at my house the other day and talk to my dad about are kayaks in the garage. They said they were just getting into it. maby it was you guys?
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
MuddyMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHill View Post
I also live in Temecula off hwy79. sombody stopped at my house the other day and talk to my dad about are kayaks in the garage. They said they were just getting into it. maby it was you guys?
Wasn't us, but I'm right down the street if you're talking 79S. I'm near Butterfield.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

They are "ATR1200" made by the Weatherguard Company. The ATR simply stands for Aluminum Truck Rack. here's a phone number on the side..800-456-7865. I've seen this rack on Life guards trucks also.
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote