Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #21
supaboy1981
Pro @ not catching fish

Got reported once for a small yellowtail, lifeguard came up and googled yellow fin tuna. Had to school em that it was a diff species of fish entirely. People are dickheads

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
supaboy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:19 AM   #22
stairman

If any of you fisherman are voting for democrats in this state you should really reconsider and just take a gaff put it over your shoulder with the hook pointed towards your back and pull....it may be painful but you will heal....the state may not survive your continued support of the party of kooks like that clown
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:39 AM   #23
ceruleandrms

Quote:
Originally Posted by maquinapescado View Post
I would have said, "Sure you report it asshole and you wait your ass here as long as I have to so we can find out you are wrong. And when they get here and you find that out, I have a kick in your nuts to deliver."

I will say you are much more patient than I. Good job, the world need more non-assholes like you. I am not willing to fill that position. I do enough nice shit in my line of work.

Good catch and enjoy.
X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
ceruleandrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #24
YTHunter
Carlisle

Waiting for Silbsugh4liberty to weigh in
YTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #25
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTHunter View Post
Waiting for Silbsugh4liberty to weigh in
Not sure what you want me to weigh in on. ??? About MPA's?? F*** em, They're unconstitutional, and only legal contractually speaking.

And if some dickhead gave me shit, I'd tell him to go pound sand and walk off. I don't have time for idiots. That's the reason I got out of the Marine Corps. Was tired of taking orders from idiots, so I'm sure as hell ain't gonna take shit from a civilian.

BTW, Nice thresher Dirty Curti! And nice meeting you on the water a few weeks back in oceanside. That day was a washer machine out there!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #26
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairman View Post
If any of you fisherman are voting for democrats in this state you should really reconsider and just take a gaff put it over your shoulder with the hook pointed towards your back and pull....it may be painful but you will heal....the state may not survive your continued support of the party of kooks like that clown

Sure... No EPA, No USGS, No NOAA, No, NPS; The market will regulate itself... These are terrifying prospects, I'm not saying I think the MLPA's are the best option but, they are what we have. I personally would like to live in a world where we can drink our water and breathe our air and not be afraid of pollutants in our fish. Go to Jamaica sometime and tell me that unrestricted fishing is a good thing, there are the remnants of coral reefs there, just no fish. Every species of fish that is remotely palatable has been systematically wiped out. We need well thought out and sensible regulations for ALL of our natural resources, we need to end our dependence on fossil fuels, we need to stop commercial fishing fleets from over harvesting. YES !!! Kooks like this guy are uninformed and that is a shame, but saying we need to stop voting for the party who champions the environment is just about equally uninformed. Join the CCC and make your voice heard, we can protect our fishing rights AND the environment its not as black and white as some would make it out to be...

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #27
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Nice post Curtis!

Well done my friend.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #28
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayak_Bernie View Post
Sure... No EPA, No USGS, No NOAA, No, NPS; The market will regulate itself... These are terrifying prospects, I'm not saying I think the MLPA's are the best option but, they are what we have. I personally would like to live in a world where we can drink our water and breathe our air and not be afraid of pollutants in our fish. Go to Jamaica sometime and tell me that unrestricted fishing is a good thing, there are the remnants of coral reefs there, just no fish. Every species of fish that is remotely palatable has been systematically wiped out. We need well thought out and sensible regulations for ALL of our natural resources, we need to end our dependence on fossil fuels, we need to stop commercial fishing fleets from over harvesting. YES !!! Kooks like this guy are uninformed and that is a shame, but saying we need to stop voting for the party who champions the environment is just about equally uninformed. Join the CCC and make your voice heard, we can protect our fishing rights AND the environment its not as black and white as some would make it out to be...
I was just thinking about how the DFG said that at the last meeting they said "they don't recall saying they were going to reopen them".

Which means they probably had some emails internally talking about it and deleted them.

Anyone down to fish Laguna Beach soon??

Old 08-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #29
Harry Hill

why are lifeguards checking your fish, when did they become game wardens?
Old 08-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #30
YTHunter
Carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Not sure what you want me to weigh in on. ??? About MPA's?? F*** em, They're unconstitutional, and only legal contractually speaking.

And if some dickhead gave me shit, I'd tell him to go pound sand and walk off. I don't have time for idiots. That's the reason I got out of the Marine Corps. Was tired of taking orders from idiots, so I'm sure as hell ain't gonna take shit from a civilian.

Thanks, you didn't disappoint!
YTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:52 PM   #31
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTHunter View Post
Thanks, you didn't disappoint!
Glad i didn't dissappoint. Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1470286318384.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  52.0 KBJust got a new face shield from Salt Armor that suits me perfectly!

Old 08-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #32
yemff

People like you will defend government regulation until fishing is completely closed to everyone. If you think agencies like the epa are about anything but money and power you're really out of touch.

Quote:
yemff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #33
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yemff View Post
People like you will defend government regulation until fishing is completely closed to everyone. If you think agencies like the epa are about anything but money and power you're really out of touch.
People like me... You mean a Wetland Ecologist, with a double masters degree in Bio-toxicology and Wetland Plant Ecology. You mean people who have fought tooth and nail with giant oil companies to help clean up a spill and restore function to 38 miles of prime fishing river. Or do you mean people who have stood up at CCC meetings in Oregon and defended our right as anglers to fish over the rights of commercial gill netters. Sorry to say friend , but if YOU think that I am out of touch because clean air and clean water are important to me, then sir, I am sure that I do NOT want to be in touch with whatever reality you are living in...

I am a scientist, I always look at things through a different lens than most I suppose, but if you think that our ecosystems were in better shape back before the EPA, NOAA, NASA, USGS, USFS, USFWS. I'd like to see ANY peer reviewed, scholarly article that refutes that position. The regulatory agencies aren't always right, they aren't always wrong, but I know that through policies enacted by these agencies we have saved endangered animals, plants, and ecosystems that would have long ago been lost without those policies.

We take for granted our clean water comes out of the tap, or it's safe for our kid with asthma can go outside the and wait for the school bus without a mask. Spend some time in a third world country, Shoot go down the the TJ river and take a good look around and tell me we are worse off here.

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:20 AM   #34
NICKWORN

SCHOOLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
People like me... You mean a Wetland Ecologist, with a double masters degree in Bio-toxicology and Wetland Plant Ecology. You mean people who have fought tooth and nail with giant oil companies to help clean up a spill and restore function to 38 miles of prime fishing river. Or do you mean people who have stood up at CCC meetings in Oregon and defended our right as anglers to fish over the rights of commercial gill netters. Sorry to say friend , but if YOU think that I am out of touch because clean air and clean water are important to me, then sir, I am sure that I do NOT want to be in touch with whatever reality you are living in...

I am a scientist, I always look at things through a different lens than most I suppose, but if you think that our ecosystems were in better shape back before the EPA, NOAA, NASA, USGS, USFS, USFWS. I'd like to see ANY peer reviewed, scholarly article that refutes that position. The regulatory agencies aren't always right, they aren't always wrong, but I know that through policies enacted by these agencies we have saved endangered animals, plants, and ecosystems that would have long ago been lost without those policies.

We take for granted our clean water comes out of the tap, or it's safe for our kid with asthma can go outside the and wait for the school bus without a mask. Spend some time in a third world country, Shoot go down the the TJ river and take a good look around and tell me we are worse off here.

Well said SIR!!!!!!! I think you put him in his place on that response!:lu xhello:
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:13 AM   #35
onetriphudson

I had an older guy recently stop me as I was hauling my gear back to my truck, and he was asking where I fished. When I pointed out to the ocean behind him, he told me that area was closed to fishing. Then I explained that the other boats out on the water in front of us were sport fishing boats and that the area closed was further to the south. He still wanted to argue and explained that he was a surf fisherman and I should be careful not to get in trouble. Again, I explained politely that the closed area was from Moonlight to Table Tops and he made a face like he didn't even know the beach names.

In my opinion the MLPA gives much needed rest to small areas, but also scares away fools like this who otherwise can't work a map or computer to get the correct information. They end up not fishing at all.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #36
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetriphudson View Post
I had an older guy recently stop me as I was hauling my gear back to my truck, and he was asking where I fished. When I pointed out to the ocean behind him, he told me that area was closed to fishing. Then I explained that the other boats out on the water in front of us were sport fishing boats and that the area closed was further to the south. He still wanted to argue and explained that he was a surf fisherman and I should be careful not to get in trouble. Again, I explained politely that the closed area was from Moonlight to Table Tops and he made a face like he didn't even know the beach names.

In my opinion the MLPA gives much needed rest to small areas, but also scares away fools like this who otherwise can't work a map or computer to get the correct information. They end up not fishing at all.

the swamis state marine conservation area, which you are speaking of, is closed to any fishing except from shore. Which is probably why a surf fisherman tried to tell you that you couldn't fish there. Because as a surf fisherman he is still allowed to. Spear fishing for pelagic fish is also allowed.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #37
surfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
the swamis state marine conservation area, which you are speaking of, is closed to any fishing except from shore. Which is probably why a surf fisherman tried to tell you that you couldn't fish there. Because as a surf fisherman he is still allowed to. Spear fishing for pelagic fish is also allowed.
Spear fishing for WSB is also allowed ...
Old 08-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #38
stairman

Quote:

i meant people exactly like you that derive their total income from the continuation of every program that the government funds to take away the rights we have that are written in the state constitution...go look them up...

i bet you are about 32 years old...youy bought into the save the world attitude that your profeeeesors instilled in you and now even though you have a consumptive hobby like fishing and drive miles in a carbon producing vehicle to do it you plead holier then thou .The epa long ago ...before you were born.... cleaned up 97% of the pollution in this country...they because bureaucracies rthey only die when governments do and since they have found and fixed all the big sources of polluiton continue on down to smaller and smaller point sources that get ever more expensive to fix...and they like you don't give a rats ass what it does to the very same economy that allowed us to have the luxury of "concern for the environment",,,,if you and you cohorts continue to kill this vibrant california economy we will have to dump all concerns for the environment for survial.....the evidence of the faltering california economy is there so cash in your government job pension as soon as you can and go be a pain in the ass to some other state
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #39
rdahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairman View Post
i meant people exactly like you that derive their total income from the continuation of every program that the government funds to take away the rights we have that are written in the state constitution...go look them up...

i bet you are about 32 years old...youy bought into the save the world attitude that your profeeeesors instilled in you and now even though you have a consumptive hobby like fishing and drive miles in a carbon producing vehicle to do it you plead holier then thou .The epa long ago ...before you were born.... cleaned up 97% of the pollution in this country...they because bureaucracies rthey only die when governments do and since they have found and fixed all the big sources of polluiton continue on down to smaller and smaller point sources that get ever more expensive to fix...and they like you don't give a rats ass what it does to the very same economy that allowed us to have the luxury of "concern for the environment",,,,if you and you cohorts continue to kill this vibrant california economy we will have to dump all concerns for the environment for survial.....the evidence of the faltering california economy is there so cash in your government job pension as soon as you can and go be a pain in the ass to some other state
Stairman, stop. You are showing your ignorance.
rdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #40
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Good time for the Team Sewer Popcorn 500™
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote