Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
tasteslikechikn54

Talking need info on live bait well build....

Went to la jolla and arrived to birds crashing, bait jumping and a whole lotta yakers out there... Spring has definitely arrived. A lot of Spanish macs and greenbacks and they were huge... It was fairly easy to make bait. My problem was not being able to keep the nice 5 inch pieces alive long enough in the "dinky ass" bait tube I built... I need some feedback from you guys to see which container I should use...

I have a malibu pro explorer... any information and recommendations will be greatly appreciated... Oh, one more thing... Today, I realized why you guys call this thing and addiction. I can't wait for my next trip... Totally hooked. Thanks for looking at my post...
tasteslikechikn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Baja_Traveler

I used THIS one from Petco, with the lid upright for my Scupper Pro. Works great.

I was also out there this morning - left the beach at 5:15, 200 yards off the beach a grey whale and calf surfaced 20 feet in front of me and proceeded to circle me right up close, then they headed north in 15 feet of water. Dolphin jumping everywhere, and the bait and birds going crazy. Unfortunately I didn't meter any target fish in the bait balls, but there is enough bait out there to feed every WSB and Yellowtail on the West Coast!
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote