Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 09-02-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
jacksonbigtuna
Junior

2013 Hobie Tandem Island $4k

2013 Hobie Tandem Island $4K. Full fishing package.
Nice TI rigged for fishing and ready to go. I bought this new off the shelf from Kayak Connection in Moss Landing, CA in 2016. It sat for 3 years unused still in shrink wrap! I've since fished this kayak everywhere along the coast from Sekiu Washington all the way down to San Diego. It spent the majority of the time in the waters of SF and Monterey Bay chasing Chinook. It's been a lot of fun, but I've since bought a power boat to do my fishing here in SD, so I have no use for the kayak.

I've done quite a bit of upgrades:
1. Wired for Navico products. I've moved most of my electronics to the new boat, but I have a 50/200 transducer I will include. You will need a Lowrance or Simrad head unit. It is set up to accept a battery, we can discuss selling my Lithium 12V battery, but I'm current using it for my kite reel
2. Rear bilge pump. I've had to use it once when I left my drain plug in my pocket and not screwed into the kayak. It's a nice to have when you are 9 miles off shore chasing salmon for 12 hours. Boat will also come with a hand pump.
3. Motor mount. This is a great motor mount for 2 or 3hp motors. I will include the 2 stroke johnson (tohatsu) with the boat. It looks rough but it runs. It needs a new handle. It fouls spark plugs every once in a while, so you must be mechanically inclined to run this motor. It has never failed me, but it is loud. I recently bought a 3.5 tohatsu which we can consider adding into the purchase, but that motor has issues with this motor mount setup which we can discuss.
4. Kayak Bob's Spray Skirts. These are great if you have ever owned a TI you will understand why.
5. Will include gaff w/ measuring tape, drift sock, 5 gallon bucket with bait tank & Battery
6. Rear seat is amazing - its a "Tempress Deluxe Trojan High Back Boat Seat", unavailable anymore. Fits PERFECTLY into the mold.
7. Front hatch upgrade. It eliminates all of the water intrusion from the front hatch, a known problem on the TIs.
8. Kayak cart wheels with TI attachment
9. Recall item: Aka bar clips upgrade to post 2016 style
10. Downrigger mounts (or rod holder mounts) on the aka bars. We can discuss including the downriggers for an extra price. They are Manual Canon 10STX. Very nice downriggers, capable of 200ft, 2 ft per second. I have downrigger balls too which I can include.
11. Kayak is registered and titled
12. If you need a handheld VHF we can also discuss.

If I was to keep fishing this kayak, I would probably upgrade the tramp clips. I originally had plastic, a few broke, then moved to stainless steel, but they are corroding.

More photos are here: (everything in the pictures is included in the 4k price.)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hZ9tqXk9vYQz9B7k7

Boat is located in SD, but can deliver.

Call/text at 831-471-7188

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hobie_hmb.jpg (45.0 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg hobie1.jpg (37.0 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 42925542_331417054291926_6322462266557988864_n.jpg (36.4 KB, 123 views)
jacksonbigtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
jacksonbigtuna
Junior

sold
jacksonbigtuna is offline   Reply With Quote