Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 12-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
old_rookie

its new gear to me

My dads girlfriend gave me some gear from her previous husband.

A few things I know how to use - the krovs, the big ass rapala that looks like a mack - Not sure about that arrow shaped thing.
That Tady like lure at the bottom left is 4" long, without hook or swivel.
The thing to its left seems old school to me, same with the one at the top left. Looks like a giant fly. Some interesting stuff.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Riskey Water

Nice little cache of equipment ,but dont go tossing them too soon ,in the water that is .There was a vintage Heddon lure that went for $ 31,857.50 on E-Bay Feb 13 2003 .Sometimes you just never know what some old funky looking lure could be worth . Good score ,fish-on
Riskey Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #3
taggermike

The arrow shaped thing is a harpoon head. The white double fixed hook lure is a troller similar to an old baldie. the trolling feathers could use some fixing but could still work. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
Jzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_rookie View Post

Nice! Especially the arrow shaped one and the triangle shaped with blue feather!
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #5
Hunters Pa

The one dead center is a Storm Thin Fin. Used to troll those at the Salton Sea for corvina
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
old_rookie

I'll be giving them a try once the weather and time gods coordinate.
Glad I put the pic up - interesting responses. I'll need to do some homework to find out if anything is vintage and of significant value. I doubt it. That always happens to other people.
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Jimmyz123

Great stuff there man. Keep you eyes open at Garage sales also I have seen some major finds. My wife's uncle found a tackle box for 5 bucks and it was one of those 2 sided triple deck tray boxed with a ton of Rapalas and other really hard to find cranks and such. When he showed it to me I thought he was going to give it to me. I was wrong, he ended up giving it to his son. It was the right thing to do, but man for $5 that was a good deal.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
Riskey Water

When I lived in OB I did alot of estate sales looking for the OLD TIMERS gear ,most of the time the fishing stuff would be a lump sum purchase .Being the fishing junkie I am ,came out with a load of beat up stuff but beautiful in my eyes.One reel still had SILK line on it from days gone-bye .To Me its not so much the resale value of these items but the history and adventure of these WATERMEN that did what they did with what they had for their day .Unfortunately estate sales mean that these forerunners to our day have passed and I can only consider myself the caretaker of their memories.Wish I could have sat with them over a bottle of their choice and sit and listen to the adventures of youth and prime on those pristine and open waters of their day.May You All share your memories and past to the young and find the Grasshopper to bestow the Greatness of fishing Upon
Riskey Water is offline   Reply With Quote