Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Thank You BigGameJames

I just wanted to give a public thank you to my new Redondo Beach buddy, Big Game James. A little over a month ago the Baytubers held a tournament at Redondo beach and the results were very impressive. So much so that I have been making the trek up there once a week to fish the area. On my first trip I met James at the hand launch and he was a wealth of knowledge about the area. After I had my Yak all loaded up and equipment stowed, James came running to the parking lot with my paddle that I had left at the launch.
Fast forward a couple weeks and I went up there again, and again I left my paddle on the dock. This time I did not realize it and James was not at the launch when I landed. He did land a few minutes later just in time to see an SUP guy walking off with my paddle. He stops him and says "that the paddle belongs to a friend and give it to me". Now with my paddle in hand he goes through the process of trying to locate me by searching my previous posts and finding a phone number that was unfortunately out of service. He finally contacted the Iceman who pointed gave him directions to PM me. So last Wednesday I got a PM from BigGameJames asking me if I had left my paddle at the launch. Mind you, I still did not realize that I had done it. A quick check behind my truck seat and sure enough; no paddle. I hooked up with him today to get my wayward paddle.

Thanks so much for watching out for me James. You Da Man!

The Rossman
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
I just wanted to give a public thank you to my new Redondo Beach buddy, Big Game James. A little over a month ago the Baytubers held a tournament at Redondo beach and the results were very impressive. So much so that I have been making the trek up there once a week to fish the area. On my first trip I met James at the hand launch and he was a wealth of knowledge about the area. After I had my Yak all loaded up and equipment stowed, James came running to the parking lot with my paddle that I had left at the launch.
Fast forward a couple weeks and I went up there again, and again I left my paddle on the dock. This time I did not realize it and James was not at the launch when I landed. He did land a few minutes later just in time to see an SUP guy walking off with my paddle. He stops him and says "that the paddle belongs to a friend and give it to me". Now with my paddle in hand he goes through the process of trying to locate me by searching my previous posts and finding a phone number that was unfortunately out of service. He finally contacted the Iceman who pointed gave him directions to PM me. So last Wednesday I got a PM from BigGameJames asking me if I had left my paddle at the launch. Mind you, I still did not realize that I had done it. A quick check behind my truck seat and sure enough; no paddle. I hooked up with him today to get my wayward paddle.

Thanks so much for watching out for me James. You Da Man!

The Rossman
Nice looking out James, karma goes both ways. You guys are both great role models for BWE.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
rodbuster
Junior

Thumbs up Thank You BigGameJames

All I can say is "James, you have a butt load of good Karma coming"

And if I were you Rossman I would buy a lotto ticket

Great post

White bearded Rodbuster
rodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Dannowar

Stop losing your paddle.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannowar View Post
Stop losing your paddle.
Been yak fishin for about 15 years now and have never left anything behind. (except a couple rods in the surf) To have it happen twice in a couple weeks is almost unfathomable. My dad used to tell me that there is no educational value in the second kick from the Mule. Looks like I should have listened a little better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Old 07-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Saba Slayer

lucky pig

As if James needs more good karma to catch Halibut?
I see a 50 pounder in the Lucky Pigs future!
Jim / Saba Slayer
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #7
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Not that James but the odds are good that the Luckypig will present us with a 50 lb door mat one of these days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
— Herman Melville

Old 07-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #8
Tern n' Burn
Junior

Right on. It's good to hear people watching out for each other. This community is a good one to be a part of.
Tern n' Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:58 PM   #9
theluckypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
As if James needs more good karma to catch Halibut?
I see a 50 pounder in the Lucky Pigs future!
Jim / Saba Slayer
thanks jim! but i would have kept the paddle...

anyhow, it's nice to be associated (at least by name...hey, saba slayer too...) to big game james! way to look out for a brother! congrats getting your paddle back rossman! put a leash on it!

Last edited by theluckypig; 07-28-2014 at 11:07 PM.
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 AM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tern n' Burn View Post
Right on. It's good to hear people watching out for each other. This community is a good one to be a part of.
Welcome aboard, we really are a great community. Come on out and fish with us.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote