Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #41
Famous2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef78 View Post
Yeah, It's closer to 20 lbs, maybe, but I carry a lot of spare lead and many different sizes. I am kind of particular about using the minimum to get me to the bottom and keep me there, depending on the current and depth. I guess the assortment is a little unnessacary because I almost always end up using a 6 ounce torpedo weight or an 8 ounce bounce ball. I also like to switch between methods if i find something isn't working.
S what do you suggest I pick up first in order to start fishing? I kind of have to rebuild my arsenal so trying to get the essentials first so I can get out and start fishing.
Famous2146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #42
Famous2146

Well it looks like ill be back to the states a day late for the Heroes on the Water event. Shitty but the date is solid so still time to get out and do some good fishing.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #43
YakMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famous2146 View Post
Well it looks like ill be back to the states a day late for the Heroes on the Water event. Shitty but the date is solid so still time to get out and do some good fishing.
We do an event every couple months. Hopefully you can make the next one.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #44
Famous2146

That would be awesome and it's something to look fwd to.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #45
Aaron&Julie

I'm curious, are you 66" as stated in your 1st post, which equates to 5'6", or are you 6'6" which somebody else mentioned?
In either case, we fish the Cobra Fish n' Dive, which doesn't seem to be on your list of choices. Durable, stable, lots of hatch space below, and can carry a heavy load (550lbs). While not the fastest, it gets us there, even if it means launching 10 minutes earlier than other paddlers have to.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #46
Famous2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron&Julie View Post
I'm curious, are you 66" as stated in your 1st post, which equates to 5'6", or are you 6'6" which somebody else mentioned?
In either case, we fish the Cobra Fish n' Dive, which doesn't seem to be on your list of choices. Durable, stable, lots of hatch space below, and can carry a heavy load (550lbs). While not the fastest, it gets us there, even if it means launching 10 minutes earlier than other paddlers have to.
I did look at those just like some of the incorporated features of the Stealth, X-Factor and the Trident. I did however like the marauder and probably gonna test one when I get back.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #47
cabojohn
PROBATION

Famous~ check yer PM's
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote