Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 AM   #21
Matt
Support your local pangas

[quote=twitchy;21341]commend removed

This is seriously the response??? If all you can do is call somebody a bad name, man oh man??? That's just freaking sad, D 50 wasn't trying to be superior or anything, he just wants you all to go fish and catch something for your self, spend some time on the water, enjoy the fishing the catching is an added bonus! D 50 is a stand up guy in my book and many other people's as well. Go or and remember it is supposed to be fun! Also it probably isn't a good idea to be an internet thug or internet gangster because it sure as hell is never gonna get you called in on a good bite!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #22
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Here's a report for ya...
there are often fish west of the line through these three points:

RB A
N32 51.204 x W117 16.235

RB B
N32 51.361 x W117 16.240

RB C
N32 51.915 x W117 16.228

You can even catch yt there year round .

I wouldn't fish east of this line, there might be fish but they are expensive.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #23
jscott

This goes back and forth all the time. I am on both sides here. First-- for out of towners--there is a sentiment (resentment) of entitlement by locals because they live there....however-- many out of towners feel that they are somehow entiltled to the information. I understand in LJ-- chasing pelagics and the sheer boat traffic==> that there are volume repercussions to outing a bite. Not so much so up in Malibu fishing halibut, bass where there are several beaches to launch from and not nearly such a high quantity of boaters. Also, being an out of towner-- I also understand the frustration of driving down and back (300 miles) empty handed...but that is time OTW. If I get a tip from a buddy about some activity-- that is great! But I make it down there when convenient for me-- and if I am able to get the right bait, the right time, and the right place==> I'll get my own fish. And there is a special sense of satisfaction when you do do it all yourself-- and someone didn't just put you in the right place! That's why we are kayakfishing-- we can find our own fish, fish our own style, not worry about all the other trash with cattleboating...and a supreme level of independence. Get your satisfaction from fishing-- remember we don't pay for anything on these sites-- so to expect anything is ridiculous! I personally enjoy posting...because I get to relive my day while crafting my poorly worded story (inserting pics when possible!)....and it is kind of a record for me that I can go back and look at down the road to relive another day. That is my motivation-- if it helps anyone else-- that's a bonus! I'm not out to keep anyone away--- nor drag crowds in. I'm just a humble fisherman that enjoys what he does when I am blessed (read given the pass from the wife!) with the free time and opportunity to get out!

P.S.--- all that said-- PLEASE PM ME NEXT TIME THE WSB ARE IN!! lol
Old 02-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #24
madscientist

Maybe Disneyland can add a kayak fishing ride for those that want it easy. Obviously, multiple sites with extensive info and archives, realtime weather, launch webcam, and fairly up to date reports are still not enough for some people to decide whether they should go fishing.

I don't know much, but I know I've never caught a fish from my couch.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #25
Bill Lane
Junior

Right Brad. I suspect you could catch one from your couch if you wanted to
Old 02-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #26
steamroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Maybe Disneyland can add a kayak fishing ride for those that want it easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I don't know much, but I know I've never caught a fish from my couch.
LOL
Old 02-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #27
aguachico

I've been trying to stay out of this one, but I got a big mouth and fast fingers so here it goes.

Dave; your right. Now motor out to the Cortez Bank and have a beer

Now if all you experts - top fish catchers, WCW winners would just post when you DID NOT catch anything, then the rest of the once a week or twice a month mofo's would see how much time you spend on the water and don't catch a damn thing.

See the probelm is the 'experts' like to get the kudos, but without giving up any info - rightly so.

The regular non-catching shit guys like me and the other several hundred "knuckle draggers" just want a chance to be on the water when the fish are biting. Since we can not fish 4-7 times a week. That's right the top guys fish almost everyday, and don't catch shit for over 75% of the time.

So before you start calling a Dave a tool, your do the math if you fish 4 times a week and catch one fish a week @ 24 hours total, that's a lot of time sitting and not much catching.
OK maybe your Josh and catch 2 fish a week lol but then you increase you time to 5 times a week at 8 hours a session. 40 hours a week.

Please all you "experts" start posting when you go out how long you were on the water and didn't catch shit and maybe, just maybe the "knucle draggers" will realize that every fish caught was a lot of work and time OTW
Old 02-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #28
C-level

The evolution of kayak fisherman at La Jolla, a timeline-

The first years-
Look at me!! Look at me!! I caught a fish, it's so big...I'm so cool!!!

The helper-
Now that I know how to catch some fish, I'll do my best to help other catch some too...

The arguer (#1)-
Thanks for the out dated report, bites over… if you don’t post, then don’t read post… your all wrong…you’re a tool… you have no right to ____!!!

The population explosion-
Where did all these other fisherman come from, it used to be so quiet here? Why is it that when I post my fish there is so many people out?

The realization-
I miss the quietness that there used to be... it's much harder to catch those fish now? I work hard and put in countless hours to find this bite. Ouch…my foot hurts from where I shot it…

The competitor-
I better be careful with what I say or my competition is going to get the jump on me.

The arguer (#2)-
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag… way to ruin the bite…you’re a tool... you have no right to ___... how dare you...... STFU!!!

The final straw-
WTF is all this politics and bickering on The Board, it's getting old... this is fishing! it's supposed to be fun... I’m done with this shit! I fish for me, my piece of mind and to have a good time with my friends. Who care what the general public thinks, I don't know them anyway... Hey buddy what's you phone # so we can share info with each other and not the rest of the world.

The outside viewer-
Nothing has changed, politics, BS and more and more new people on the timeline... it will never end. Will it?

It's fishing, have fun, quit bickering...

Just an opinion / observation from a nobody… bring on the arguers

The preceding information has not been evaluated by BWE, use as described, results may vary.

from a fisherman formly known as C-level

"Blessings upon all that hate contention, and love quietness, and virtue, and Angling." - Izaak Walton

Last edited by C-level; 02-29-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #29
Sherm

Excellent point. The top guys spend a lot of time on the water. Time out there is what it's all about. I had 11 trips under my belt before I caught my first For the out of town guys....there are many ways to find out what is going on other than these sites or just come on down and get on the water. Most guys "out there" will share info.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #30
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
The realization-
I miss the quietness that there used to be... it's much harder to catch those fish now? I work hard and put in countless hours to find this bite. Ouch…my foot hurts from where I shot it…

This one really cracked me up... The timeline is so true Todd... lol

Chris
Old 02-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #31
aguachico

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-level View Post
The realization-

from a fisherman formly known as C-level

True True, the bad part is I like seeing people I know on the water. Sharing info, while on the water. Talking smack. It's too bad LJ is such a postage stamp of an area. It's funny how I go to LJ just to be out there and head south for peace and fish.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #32
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-level View Post
Just an opinion / observation from a nobody… bring on the arguers

Now someone is gonna call you out cuz ya only have 44 posts....
lol lol

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Old 02-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #33
Dupree

Talking

I blame Andy for the whole mess!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #34
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Now someone is gonna call you out cuz ya only have 44 posts....
lol lol

Atleast we know that he is still alive.

Nice post Todd

Old 02-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #35
gary sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguachico View Post

Please all you "experts" start posting when you go out how long you were on the water and didn't catch shit and maybe, just maybe the "knucle draggers" will realize that every fish caught was a lot of work and time OTW

One expert did, to wake up the knuckle dragging masses.

"They think we score all the time and are up to our eyeballs in fillets. They don't notice when two weeks go by and we haven't reported a nice fish. I'm out there 3-5 days a week, every week, all year. I didn't catch a YT in Feb, Mar, April, or May despite putting in close to 400 hours on the water. I didn't catch a point fish from Jan 6th to April 7th. Weeks like last where I load up are the reward for those long stretches of futility."
Old 02-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #36
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
I blame Andy for the whole mess!
Huh?

Old 02-29-2008, 02:11 PM   #37
gotz togo fishin

Does anyboady want to talk about and report secret fish recipes and cookie recipes instead? I think alot of you guys are holding out!!! Thats what really BURNS me!!! I hate you!!! Relax people! its just FISH!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #38
Froman
Junior

I blame this guy, but I think he is a fraud!

Old 02-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #39
lamb

lol
Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #40
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Since this thread says "fish report"..., has anyone seen anything besides greenies the last few days, or is it a secret?

I can go out tomorrow and find out for myself... but then LaJolla is busier by one kayak on a Sat.
Or I can stay home... which means fewer yaks OTW by one.

Hmmmm, decisions....

Wait, I HAVE IT!...if everybody posts negative catch postings, or starts posting pictures of their greenies instead of YT and WSB, then the La Jolla overcrowding problem will be solved right? Then everyone will be happy?

Well then... I'll start, since that's all I catch anyways!

I went out this last week and caught 27 greenies and two mondo smelt in approximately 30 hours OTW!

Closed Thread