Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #41
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Could always do a red tie-dye (blood spatter) pattern. Really mess with em
I would go a different direction. More Darwin-ish. How about an image of a seal, or seal lyon getting whacked by a shark. The more graphic the better.

A caption such as "Seals, it's what's for dinner" with a sub caption that says something that pushes the point that we should let nature have its way without artificially protecting the non-native seal population.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #42
tony

Roger, granted there are a few La Jollans that would like to put diapers on seagulls in this town and dont like the traffic etc. but the main purpose of the pro-childrens pool people is to restore the children's pool to what it was before the enviro-wackos took over. It used to be a frickin paradise...families,children,fishermen, divers and seals. Everyone and everything got along fine before the PMS crazy crowd latched on.
That is what were fighting for....
The seals dont need to be saved from anything or anyone.
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #43
dahunter1996
Junior

hey whats up tony, it's hunter from the beach ( The short kid with the speargun) hopeing to see you down there this Saturday for another BBQ.

oh heres my facebook stardom
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....52451&comments
at 37 seconds , the short kid in the wetsuit

at 4:27 the kid in the red shirt and at 5:25 fishing
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....30987&comments
dahunter1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #44
dahunter1996
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
I say we "borrow" the seal ladies shoes and have a real game of
"whore-shoes"

Just kidding
I like the idea of paddling in with big fish better
to bad shes a 60 year old virgin, or one of those "practice girls"
Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #45
tony

Hunter, Nice to meet you last Saturday. I should be there late afternoon..
I learn something new everyday...I never new until you guys showed me that Cabazon fillets are neon blue
Tony
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #46
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersmith View Post
I would urge everyone who has a strong opinion on the seal thing to think something through. I know, the first reaction, mine as well, is to say its about the agenda of wacko environmentalists placing animals' rights over people. The same agenda that has led to the MLPA and absolute looney "species management" that is actually anti fishing legislation built on messed up moral judgement. Believe me, I see the point here. Mother Nature ceded the SoCal coast to human use a long time ago, protecting seal access in a developed area is pretty silly. Yes, if dissuaded from living there they will find more appropriate alternatives., which do exist.

But, I am from New Jersey and for the angler there, ACCESS is everything. When I look at this debate I see wealthy home owners who dont like traffic, crowds, noise. And thats it; wealth and power driving a local political agenda. If you asked me to be completly objective without the enviro angle, sometimes I think its fare to say its a farce that this beach needs to be reserved for "children". There are MILES of beaches in San Diego; pick another to play frisbee. La Jolla shores is right down the road.

I see both sides of this though. And while I would support fighting the ridiculous agenda of the enviros, be VERY CAREFUL about what money and power can do as well. Today they dont like the traffic and crowds the seals bring, tomorrow they will object to some aspect, real or imagined, of fishing activities and then we will be on the chopping block. This was the case year in and year out in NJ. Some trash on the beach? No more parking allowed! Couple of hooks on the rocks? No fishing signs go up. All to protect the privacy of the little enclaves of the rich and connected. It was a travesty. I was threatened with police once for LOOKING at a lake in a "private" community in NJ, told I was trespassing. A naturally occuring lake no less, not a product of a dam!!

Remember, look at how the MLPA process went, most or all of the actual worthwhile aspects of it were stripped: polution, development and runoff management. What emerged was the enviro victory over the weakest target, rec fishing. The commercial interests and their $$$ got their way.

Im not saying lets all hug the seals, but think about how enabling the agenda of local wealth can lead to curtailed public access and use of shore fishing locations, launch spots, parking, etc.

Now I will duck and cover
Hey now! Sealions lay on the beach in Jersey all the time, Havent you seen Snookie?

They need to restrict her access...

Last edited by Gino; 03-10-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #47
dahunter1996
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino View Post
Hey now! Sealions lay on the beach in Jersey all the time, Havent you seen Snookie?

They need to restrict her access...
LOL
here snookie snookie