Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #41
dmrides

Nice whale Josh. I must say though, I was kind of expecting to see some kind of a smile in the photo, this being the first (?) WSB of the season and all.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #42
steveooo

Awesome fish
Cool shot of the esqueeds too!
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #43
Gino

That fish has a bigger belly than i do...

I read all of it, the picture at the end is a pleasent Suprise.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #44
dfroggy54
Rolly

Moo
Old 02-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #45
yani

Josh,

Thanks for reminding me why kayaking fishing is so worth it.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #46
coxtanker421

unrelated

hi darkhorse, eric from bob s. referred you for guide service. interested? pm or call pls, . 818 4860120 . my name is anthony. thx:
coxtanker421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #47
Caballito

Yes Josh, you are not a fence post! Nice going!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #48
THE DARKHORSE

Thanks for the kind words guys...it's been a busy week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
"It's almost as long as your gaff!!! Very nice!"
.You know what they say, big gaff...big ego . Honestly, over the years, I would have lost many fish without the longer gaff. Especially if I'm gaffing someone's fish for them. I like to take fish on their first pass of the boat, green as can be! In my opinion, there's really no leverage issues...it's all advantage if you asked me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
"lost 20-30 lbs... Looking good!

Gained ?lbs of WSB looking even better!

Way to go brother Josh"
.Yeah, someone made the mistake of betting me a couple thousand dollars that, I couldn't lose the weight by June.

And I'm a betting man! Six pack on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescavore1 View Post
Whale done!!!

Will you start offering whale tours too?
If I did, I'd make it the best Whale tour service in the history of kayak Whale tours. I thought of offering a bottle of Dom, with sides of Caviar and fine cheese. Beyond the price point issues, I can see it now: "Ummm, excuse me Mr. Pruitt...what are those ten-foot long fishing rods for?" Which would be followed by me saying: "Protection, of course. The last thing I'd want is for you guys to get attacked by a school of Yellowtail during our trip. I would never let that happen to you guys on my watch. With me on your side, the Yellowtail don't stand a chance."

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
"NICE! Glad to know others around here surf too. But, this winter's surf has left me wanting. I only get monday and tuesday to surf and/or fish and it seems like I'm always getting fading swells. Urgh"
"
= Glad to know others around here surf, too? Apparently, we're not looking at the same spots. I suggest a drive down South a bit. The same North/ Northwest swells that are chest- high will be well overhead on many days. I've spent many, many hours driving the coast in search of surf. There's really no comparison to your neck of the woods to the North facing reefs of La Jolla and Sunset Cliffs of Point Loma. The fish and waves are simply bigger down here in the Winter months.

"[QUOTE=driftwood;75206]Never argue with an idiot.The people watching might not know the difference."
= Without question, some of the best advice I ever received. Thanks, Gabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Day View Post
"Size doesn't matter to those that have the size"
Jim
Ain't that the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndavissd View Post
"Moving from that literary post to that result !!! Writing like you fish, excellent ... Thanks for the story and pic"
.My pleasure. If it makes a couple guys get off the damn computer, it was worth it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbo View Post
"A great write up!!!!!! fantastic pics, keep 'em coming.....H"
.I'll make you a deal: If you post more monster fish I will, too. That goes for everyone on this board, a healthy relationship needs to be reciprocal to, well, be healthy for everyone involved. I'm certainly not going to go against anything I've written in the past. I don't want guys blowing hot-bites and dumping a fleet of boats in my office...but, if you simply use a little discretion in the timing of your posts, sprinkled with a tad of common sense...I enjoy a picture of a fish, with a story to match, as much or more than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j mo View Post
"Hey that fish looks kinda farmiliar! Glad you found the 'wolf pack'; I knew it just was a matter of time....."
Time, now that's a valuable commodity. As much as I'd love to take up golf (another time consuming sport), between surfing and fishing...I barely find time to sleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin View Post
"Josh - I haven't poked my head outside my cubical for 18 months and my only slice of pie is your post which seem to be few and far between lately. I fish LJ everyday in mind and remember every cast, bait ball, and hook-up. I haven't tied a hook in over 12 months as I traded in my life's passion for the all mighty dollar and I haven't been the same since.

I miss LJ and all the pleasures it gives to those who spend time with her. I hope to catch up with you in the future and am waiting on that book I suggested you write a while back.

Hope to share a few stories soon."
Hey bro, I'm almost done with that book you sent me, pretty inspiring, thanks. And I hear ya' on the almighty dollar, while it's not an affliction I suffer from these days . Like I told you last year: "make it when you can, bro". In this economy, anyone with a job has nothing to complain about. Not fishing in twelve months, though...I'd blow a gasket! Give me a call when you want to take a sick-day and I'll make sure we make up for lost time in a hurry. We had a good ride, but it's far from over my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burning drag View Post
"WHALES ARE GAY"
.So are White Sea Bass. You have to fight fire with, flaming fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
"dude!

HDS huh?
which one did you get?
I have been thinking about taking the plunge!"
.Honestly, Josh, I still miss my Lowrance 527. As you know it's been discontinued, so I didn't really have a choice. An HDS for most kayak fisherman might be a bit overkill, not to mention it's a complicated unit. There's just way too many features and tweaks that can be done. When you get it dialed in, though...there's no doubts in your mind when a "real-fish" swims below the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb View Post
NICE WORK MR. DARK HORSE!!!

"It's been way too long since I connected with something descent. Thank you for the inspiration!"
.With the talent you typically have on board...I'm guessing it's going to happen soon. Real soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by yani View Post
Josh,

"Thanks for reminding me why kayaking fishing is so worth it.
"
.Don't worry Yani, when you get through the tough times...La Jolla will be there waiting for you with open arms. Let me know if you plan on taking a trip down South, brother. I'd love to see a fish on your deck, as I'm sure it's been a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrides View Post
"Nice whale Josh. I must say though, I was kind of expecting to see some kind of a smile in the photo, this being the first (?) WSB of the season and all."

Hot off the press! Just for you my friend. You're next, and I'll make sure your fish looks better than this. Without question, you have a better smile .
Old 02-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #49
xpresso2am

wow

Nice fish JOSH!!! good stuff man!
xpresso2am is offline   Reply With Quote