Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
SorryCharlie

DP 3/22

My friend and I headed out of the harbor around 7am and went strait up to the headlands kelp area.

My friend was planning on spear fishing, but once he jumped and realized the visibility was about 5-6 ft so that idea was abandoned.

We drifted around the kelp occasionally tying off. Ended up with 3 short calicos, 2 legal sand bass (one let go to fight another day), and my PB calico...... Unfortunately I was not the smartest with bringing her strait into the kayak, she flipped out spat the hook and over the side she went.

Oooo well thats life. All fish were caught using Big Hammer swim baits. I was very surprised when around 11am the water was in the 65-66 F range. Nice day once the morning clouds had blown off.

Plan on trying again tomorrow.
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
madncrzydm

Saw you guys out there I was in the camo cobra tandem we headed to the headlands and n9t even a bite
Old 03-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
DanaPT

"I was very surprised when around 11am the water was in the 65-66 F range."

I'm wondering if your FF temp reader is like mine (not accurate).

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Dana-Point/seatemp
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
SorryCharlie

"Saw you guys out there I was in the camo cobra tandem we headed to the headlands and n9t even a bite"

It was great to meet you out there. Sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase for no fish, I know its a long paddle (especially with the conditions as they were). See you out there next time.

"I'm wondering if your FF temp reader is like mine (not accurate)."

I'm going to bring a thermometer next time to check.... I am not 100% sure if it is, I know the forecast was for about 59F water and that is what the temp was early morning, but as the sun came out and it calmed a bit the temp started climbing. That is surface temp as well, no idea what it was a few feet down.
SorryCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote