Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #21
dorado50

Not quite sure what a "vape" is all about. I like to keep it simple, a small bong(filled with a nice blended whiskey) the size of my hand and don't forget the windproof lighter.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:39 PM   #22
dpasinli

I wasn't a heavy smoker but smoked about a pack a week mostly while drinking for about 15 years. Two weeks ago I was discharged from the hospital for getting a tumor removed from my bladder, all due to Smoking. Apparently smoking is highly correlated with Bladder and Kidney Cancers.
I am no Dr. nor an expert on vaps, but after going through this surgery for the second time in two years I can't imagine putting anything other than oxygen in your lungs isn't good for you. Just my experience,.... Can't wait to get back on the water...plus there's always edibles
dpasinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:44 PM   #23
Bert Vega
Tail Chaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpasinli View Post
I wasn't a heavy smoker but smoked about a pack a week mostly while drinking for about 15 years. Two weeks ago I was discharged from the hospital for getting a tumor removed from my bladder, all due to Smoking. Apparently smoking is highly correlated with Bladder and Kidney Cancers.
I am no Dr. nor an expert on vaps, but after going through this surgery for the second time in two years I can't imagine putting anything other than oxygen in your lungs isn't good for you. Just my experience,.... Can't wait to get back on the water...plus there's always edibles

I have been rocking the edibles since my injury. Green hornet gummies!!!!
Bert Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #24
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

I'm not an advocate of nicotine products but have done a bit of research concerning the safety of vaping and nicotine connection to cancer and there is no link. Nicotine is highly addictive but is about as bad for you as a cup of coffee (which I believe is just as addictive). The carcinogens and tar in tobacco products is where health problems come from. One study actually showed that breathing in the water vapor actually had an affect on the lungs similar to sitting in a room with a humidifier

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #25
salty pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
Here is the thing with ecigs.... rarely will the cheap cartomizer vape pens produce enough of a satisfying hit to make you not want to smoke. So you start with one, then you hit a buddys that is stronger and you want that so you upgrade. Once you start getting into it you do more and more upgrading (this sounding familiar to anyone?). Once you get into mods and rebuildable atomizer you start spending real money. My current setup ran me about $300. It's really more of a hobby.
Ha, sounds like you need a waterproof mod.

I quit smoking cigs after 20 years. 2 pack's a day then cold turkey. no patch or gum or other crap. just don't do it any more and you wont have to worry about it.
salty pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #26
octico

Put a finger cot on it and practice safe vape
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #27
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpasinli View Post
Sorry to hear Deniz. Looks like we are really gonna have to kill a yellow this weekend!
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #28
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Not quite sure what a "vape" is all about. I like to keep it simple, a small bong(filled with a nice blended whiskey) the size of my hand and don't forget the windproof lighter.

Let's hang out!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #29
Squid Vicious
plastic navey squid

...a nice big fat joint and a couple beers
Malibu Mini X F & D "anchovie "
Squid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #30
YakMedic

I leave my mods at home, but take a cheap ego twist 1300mah battery and a tank. My go to on the water tank is a Kanger Protank Aero, its a dual coil 2.0ohm head. It's nowhere near the quality of a sub ohm build but still produces enough vape for a solid hit. It will do the job just fine on the water keeping you away from analogs. I just throw it in a pfd pocket and haven't had any issue with occasional water splashing/exposure.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #31
janines.fishtales@cox.net

The joy factor..

Quote:
Kind of a dumb question and a topic I have not seen come up on this board before. Does anyone vape out on the water? I struggle with trying to quit smoking and vaping has helped with that but I always end up back to smoking when I fish. Especially if beers are involved. I've spent a lot of money on a nice custom mod and I'm a bit worried about having it out on the water. Have any of you had any issues? I use a drip atomizer and it seems like a huge hassle to deal with while fishing on a piece of plastic.
You bring up an interesting topic. I too quit smoking many years ago. I really used to enjoy smoking. Dare I say, I also enjoyed a bit of the Medicinal, but due to my line of work, I gave that up 15 years ago. I smoke about 4 - 6 cigars a year, but even that to me is a guilty pleasure.

What I'm trying to say is, you gotta have joy in your life! Fast forward to the vape. I have taken to buying the ePens and have recently started enjoying one on the kayak. It's been really cool because it's fun and I don't feel like it's bad to do healthwise anyway. I am fascinated by this vaping! I would really like to try the proper set up. Any suggestions? As far as the Medicinal... I can't wait to retire!

Janine
Old 04-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #32
dpasinli

Thanks Tanner, all good and on the mend, they got it in time. And def ready to whack em! Cheers!
dp
dpasinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #33
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

Dangit this thread just cost me $50!

Tried a disposable ecig just 2 days ago, saw this thread today and had to stop at the vapor shop on the way home. Got a ego lcd battery and evod tank, spare atomizer, charger, and a couple of bottles of eliquid. Wake and vape, delicious coffee I think I might have found a new hobby I didn't know I wanted. I already need some more tanks to quickly swap flavors now!
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #34
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net View Post
You bring up an interesting topic. I too quit smoking many years ago. I really used to enjoy smoking. Dare I say, I also enjoyed a bit of the Medicinal, but due to my line of work, I gave that up 15 years ago. I smoke about 4 - 6 cigars a year, but even that to me is a guilty pleasure.

What I'm trying to say is, you gotta have joy in your life! Fast forward to the vape. I have taken to buying the ePens and have recently started enjoying one on the kayak. It's been really cool because it's fun and I don't feel like it's bad to do healthwise anyway. I am fascinated by this vaping! I would really like to try the proper set up. Any suggestions? As far as the Medicinal... I can't wait to retire!

Janine
For an entry level mod you can get a k100 kit for right around 60 bucks. You can get an igo-w rebuildable atomizer for about 20. That should get you started out

Old 04-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #35
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
Dangit this thread just cost me $50!

Tried a disposable ecig just 2 days ago, saw this thread today and had to stop at the vapor shop on the way home. Got a ego lcd battery and evod tank, spare atomizer, charger, and a couple of bottles of eliquid. Wake and vape, delicious coffee I think I might have found a new hobby I didn't know I wanted. I already need some more tanks to quickly swap flavors now!
ah yes, and so it goes. Try papi churro by jet fuel. Straight up churro flavor

Old 04-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #36
tattuna

Pelican case works for me

Old 04-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #37
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Quote:
For an entry level mod you can get a k100 kit for right around 60 bucks. You can get an igo-w rebuildable atomizer for about 20. That should get you started out
Ok. I will hit one of the local vape shops and sling that terminology around and see what I come back with!

Janine
Old 04-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #38
BillzBaitz

Its like they are speaking a whole new language.. LOL
BillzBaitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #39
johnnyblaze2009

FoShizzle my nizzle,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
johnnyblaze2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #40
NEEFFF

If you are in the Whittier area stop by my cousins shop The Vapor Box for all your vaping needs, tell them I sent ya a and they will hook you up!!!

http://m.yelp.com/biz/the-vapor-box-whittier-2