Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
kevbeer

My La Jolla nightmare

(edit) I should mention this is maybe my 6th time out at La Jolla, otherwise only been in bays, which I don't really enjoy.

Launched La Jolla 8:30 am. Almost made it out but wasn't getting through the waves so tried to throw my mirage drive in. Big mistake, cost me maybe 5 seconds, enough for wave to be upon me, but maybe I was screwed anyway. Anyhow, went over hard. Snapped a rod, my newest one. Lost my mirage drive (md180), new style outback seat, and a tackle box. How I didn't think to lanyard my drive and seat is beyond me. Anyhow, stayed around for hours trying to search but came up with nothing. Left info with Kayak rental stores and SD lifeguard so hopefully turns up. Waiting to be accepted to the La Jolla lost and found facebook page to make a post.

Please let me know if you come any of this stuff or hear anything...thanks.

Pretty sure I am quitting the hobby...I like it, especially the thrill and beauty, but I was already on the fence about staying in long term given the mild pain on my shoulder from getting yak (outback) on and off the car roof, plus I am not made for a lot of sun exposure, and plus want to spend time in hobbies my wife/son will join me for. Now after this expensive and traumatic day, I honestly don't think I can come back...maybe if my drive and seat magically turn up. Oh yeah and I think I pulled in muscle in my calf some how.

thanks!
kevbeer is offline   Reply With Quote