Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Super Bowl...... Who Cares!

There’s nothing like a good bite to keep fisherman on their toes. One day you’re sitting on your couch thinking about the Super Bowl and calling all of your buddies to let them know, IT”S ON! “Brady is going to own this game!”

And then you get that phone call, “Hey, Rodge! It’s on bro!.”

You acknowledge, “I know it’s on tomorrow! I already told you IT-“

“NO, YOU IDIOT!” exclaims crony number 1. “La Jolla is going off. We need to go.”

Well, for starters I thought the Super Bowl sad. A lot of missed opportunities to make great plays, the lack of physicality, and the ads were LAME (except the Fiat commercial, you know which one I’m talking about). Madonna sucked! And my beers were warm. So I didn’t like it at all.

My highlight was the pre-game show on the water. Wow talk about a bite that blew up. I couldn’t keep count on how many boats were out there! It was wild! Fireworks were going off, boaters and yakkers at each other’s throats. They put on one hell of a show. But hey, I tell you what that was one hell of a bite. To be lucky enough to have an opportunity like that we all should consider ourselves blessed. To catch yellows off a kayak, when ½ day boats are putting macs and sand dabs in the counts really makes me feel very lucky. I know I am!

It was nice having this one bite being a limited load for a short while anyways. There were only a couple of regulars here and there. Don’t get me wrong. I like a good ole fashion flotilla every now and then. The only problem is there aren’t any college chicks around, but only a large amount beer gut, WSB fisherman. No worries! I may end up growing up to become one of these salty pirates one of these days.

Lots of fish were caught, and a couple of guys claimed their first yellows. It was a job well done for all of you out there. There’s nothing like La Jolla especially for the kayak fishing community. Everyone should understand that we are all very lucky to be part of a great community. Though we all gossip, grown, bitch and moan we are all out there to have a blast! And there is nothing like a fantastic yellowtail bite, to forget about words exchanged and just FISH.

I found myself trapped in a corner with many of you guys wanting to see some new video and I finally pulled out the camera. I don’t like to wear the thing because it is heavy and gives me a headache, but nonetheless I pulled it on. Some of it I was plain just being stupid. But it was a blast making the videos and I am definitely looking forward to the comments you guys have. So thanks to everyone on the web for putting up with all the crap said over the years, negativity is stupid. I’m guilty of it too! Just go out and fish!

All my fish were caught on yo yo jigs. Go on out there and find some schools.

P.S. Thanks you Welker! Giants congratulations!

http://youtu.be/G1e9JoNIyV4

http://youtu.be/8RlFo7BobbA

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
kobra

Cool vids as usual Kev. Thanks.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
fknricter

very cool! thnx!!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
seriola_killer
Sled Peddler

Recent lurker and new kayak junkie. THIS is the kinda stuff that got me into this new (to me) sport. I can't wait to get it all together and join up with you all in the near future.
seriola_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
Dan

nice vids. yt cool. sharks bad.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
driftwood

Between you and Josh this site is going ballistic!!
Were can i buy OEX stock??

Question is... who will the next WCW contest? stay tune folk, next contest should get very interesting

The Kid or the The Darkhorse? Place your bets now!! Talk about a Super Bowl! HERE WE GO!!!
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #7
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

i knew i should have paddled out and followed the crowd when all the boats and yaks went south west...

nice fish and lucky to be on the water.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
RK

The Pats and The Giants???????????

The only Pats I saw out there Sunday were the Legendary

Pat " Death by yoyo" Holmes....

Whom I paid my respects to at half time.

This whole time I thought the superbowl was the Yellowtail versus the Heavy Irons....

I just didnt know who to root for.

Cool vid Kevin
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
ashmoz

Dope!!!! This is freakin sweet! Nothin like watchin' your own video after a YT trip!

cheers
ashmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
Limits
Kayak Fanatic

"Sonic Boom!". LOL. That brings back memories...

What gorgeous launch conditions. Fantastic report.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #11
blitzburgh

FREAKING BAD-@SS!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #12
PapaDave

The Super Bowl was last Sunday?

PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #13
steveooo

Cool Vids Kevin

Rail fish don't qualify for IFGA
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
mtnbykr2

Didn't see that one comin' nice fishies and great video
Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
hiramehunter

I wish I lived closer to LJ!!!
Nice vid!!!
hiramehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
yakrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiramehunter View Post
I wish I lived closer to LJ!!!
Nice vid!!!

my sentiments exactly!!!

http://www.savecafishing.org/
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
VINNYC
VINNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post

There’s nothing like a good bite to keep fisherman on their toes. One day you’re sitting on your couch thinking about the Super Bowl and calling all of your buddies to let them know, IT”S ON! “Brady is going to own this game!”

And then you get that phone call, “Hey, Rodge! It’s on bro!.”

You acknowledge, “I know it’s on tomorrow! I already told you IT-“

“NO, YOU IDIOT!” exclaims crony number 1. “La Jolla is going off. We need to go.”

Well, for starters I thought the Super Bowl sad. A lot of missed opportunities to make great plays, the lack of physicality, and the ads were LAME (except the Fiat commercial, you know which one I’m talking about). Madonna sucked! And my beers were warm. So I didn’t like it at all.

My highlight was the pre-game show on the water. Wow talk about a bite that blew up. I couldn’t keep count on how many boats were out there! It was wild! Fireworks were going off, boaters and yakkers at each other’s throats. They put on one hell of a show. But hey, I tell you what that was one hell of a bite. To be lucky enough to have an opportunity like that we all should consider ourselves blessed. To catch yellows off a kayak, when ½ day boats are putting macs and sand dabs in the counts really makes me feel very lucky. I know I am!

It was nice having this one bite being a limited load for a short while anyways. There were only a couple of regulars here and there. Don’t get me wrong. I like a good ole fashion flotilla every now and then. The only problem is there aren’t any college chicks around, but only a large amount beer gut, WSB fisherman. No worries! I may end up growing up to become one of these salty pirates one of these days.

Lots of fish were caught, and a couple of guys claimed their first yellows. It was a job well done for all of you out there. There’s nothing like La Jolla especially for the kayak fishing community. Everyone should understand that we are all very lucky to be part of a great community. Though we all gossip, grown, bitch and moan we are all out there to have a blast! And there is nothing like a fantastic yellowtail bite, to forget about words exchanged and just FISH.

I found myself trapped in a corner with many of you guys wanting to see some new video and I finally pulled out the camera. I don’t like to wear the thing because it is heavy and gives me a headache, but nonetheless I pulled it on. Some of it I was plain just being stupid. But it was a blast making the videos and I am definitely looking forward to the comments you guys have. So thanks to everyone on the web for putting up with all the crap said over the years, negativity is stupid. I’m guilty of it too! Just go out and fish!

All my fish were caught on yo yo jigs. Go on out there and find some schools.

P.S. Thanks you Welker! Giants congratulations!

http://youtu.be/G1e9JoNIyV4

http://youtu.be/8RlFo7BobbA

Nice post, totally jelous and need to come down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VINNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
dmrides

And to think, I got sucked into watching the pregame shows. Rad videos and sweet report.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #19
Hunter (The 80's Man)

Sweet fish, but why didn't you call me. You probably did but I just missed it.

Hunter (The 80's Man) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #20
bellcon

Awesome fish Kevin, and a cool pic too
so is that the next addition to The Kids sig line? a Helicopter sponsor?
now that would be a cool mothership trip!

Dig the videos too, but I think the fiat comercial still beats you