Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 11:30 AM   #1
steveooo

Switching Teams 11-4 Report

Today is the day that I am switching from one of the guys that just reads the posts to one that is gonna post. I felt like a thief, stealing tips and reports, and the guilt was killing me.
:shock:
With that being said, I did not catch any yellows, huge flatties or WSB today. I know that’s what most want to see. My first real post so bear with me...
I was first at the launch this morning, had to be cuz I slept in my truck on Avenida Playa, Pomona to LJ is too far a drive in the morning. Waves looked huge to me mostly because they were bigger than I had seen in my previous 2 trips to LJ. I was a little pansy and decided to wait until someone else got there to notify my next of kin when I got crushed by the 8-10 foot sets (1-2 ft) ops: Andy got there next but I was too scared to really talk to him because as I mentioned earlier, I felt like a thief

Mistimed the launch and took a few to the chest, got soaked, I’m sure God is punishing me for something. Of course its a cold morning with a crisp breeze, this freezing thing sucks.
:x
Make bait at the pier, 4 greenbacks, 2 small spanish, and then start trolling over the canyon. 5 minutes later I hear the sound we all love ZZZZZZ...Set the hook only to see that I've just hooked a beautiful 200lb specimen of furbag :twisted: For about 10 seconds I pretend that I am on the east cape, and the furbag that is going airborne trying to shake my hook is actually a big acrobatic marlin ENOUGH PLAYING, Button down my drag, snap him off, check to see that my mom is not any where close, and proceed to cuss at the damn furbag. He told his friends, I lost all my baits to the same type today
Almost done... Headed back to the pier for more bait, got it. Then did three drifts for some flatties (aka 3 naps)
Didn’t like the skunk so headed to the kelp for a little Calico C&R. Got this huge beast

And then this one...

Hey, I said I did not catch any HUGE Flaties
Decided to call it a day with that, very windy pedal in, easy landing, and a little bit o light and flakey for dinner.
Sorry so long, like I said, im a posting virgin.
Oh yaeh here iz my yellow from September (had to post it, sorry)

steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:40 PM   #2
Dennis

Steveooo,
Nice ones. It's good to see that you got the posting picture thing down. Congrats on the fish!
-Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

Nice halioooooooo, Steveoooooooo and on the swimbait no less.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
lamb

Great 1st report! Please keep them coming.

Sweet September yella' there... 8)
Old 11-06-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
twinfin

steve, nice fishes. glad you got one. I met you at the launch a couple of times. I know you were working hard for that YT. A couple of those mornings in Sept were really going off.

Dan
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote