Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 08:13 AM   #1
madscientist

11/3 PM bug hunt

Dark launch into variable surf. Almost mis-timed as a set rolled through but got out without water in the waders. Hoped to run into Ken but guess he was taking the night off. Got to the spot with my frozen YT carcass, gotta remember to thaw these things. Worked my three hoops for 1 legal and a handful of shorts. Cold breeze blew almost all evening. One hoop either got snagged or had something large in it, came back with one line busted and big hole in the netting. Slow evening, maybe Ken is right and the bait needs to be a little stinkier. :x
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
Jonl

Where did you try? I was planning to go out tonight by the rock pier in Mission Beach...
Jonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:58 AM   #3
GBF

I have always done well on fresh bait. Some say stinky is better but, if you use stinky bait all the time it will get to be a drag!! That sent seems to stay a little longer on your hands and clothes.

GBF