Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-03-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
slotmachine

11/1 LJ Hindsight

One of the best days of the year to be on the water. As running past south kelp see a school of yellows otter edge of bull kelp. check out NW kelp looks green and quiet. Notice bird astivity west run out to about 175' deep, there are the yellows puddling along on the surface. The water was so smooth and glassy you could follow there movements from the wake they made, then when they found a bait cluster attack it. I threw bega bait 4% sardine right on them with on results. Farther outside birdwork was feeding mackeral, ran out caught some macks. returned inside to still roving yellows ,tryed slow drufting, trolling live mack,also storm plastics on 12# no response. Finally in the middle of a feeding frezy 20' from boat snag one only to have it tear off. Everything slowed down about noon except my pulse. Ran back outside to were the birds were sitting shut down sipped a beer, after a while my boat became a paddie little baits hugging the hull macks cruzing below netted acombo of chove small sardine. Thats what the yellows were keyed on . As a side thought I caught a yellow tail at the coronados last fri that had a combo of small dines and squid in stomach. Where could I catch some live squid.
slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #2
vellocity

i can't believe they didn't eat your megabait?

i've found what has been working lately is YELLING at them to "COME ON AND EAT IT" when you're winding in the surface lure!

i'm gonna try and throw those small tiny HydroMetals again.. guaranteed backlash trying to sling those puppies!
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
slotmachine

Hope they stay around.

Wished I'd had a diamond jig to try.

sorry for the bad spelling and such was late.
slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote