Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-31-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

10/31 LJ......The Brumby Mob

Nelz must be to busy stuffing his pie hole with hamachi Lots of big YT chasing your iron back to the boat almost waking you as they turned at the last minute. It was intense. I ended up losing 2 fish on bait. They both hit the greenbacks like a freight train. First one somehow wrapped on the tip the fish is just towing me along and before I could fix it the fish surged and popped. Second was on the way in just inside the point, big splash and screaming clicker, got wrapped up on a buoy line and could not budge the fish. finally broke off on 40# Big game. Nelz I need your e mail to send ya pix
Old 10-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
Afran
fishy

Ice,
Can you give a rough estimate on the time of your outting? I may need to spool up the 30lb and play hooky tomorrow. Get HookY!
Afran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:04 PM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

Afran,
I went north for halibut at first light. Nelz called out a little after 8AM. I decided to make the long paddle from Black's. It was around 11:00 when they really went off, boils, birds, about 3/4 to the NW corner.

Old 10-31-2005, 03:25 PM   #4
blackcloud9
Kayaker

Way to go Nelz!!! Great picture Andy ..... you really are a gambler, were you looking for big yellows up north? : )

Yesterday was a FLUKE, but, not the Halibut kind!! :lol:
blackcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:33 PM   #5
Aaron&Julie

Congrats

Andy, sorry to hear about the bad breaks, especially after that long paddle back just "to go for it".
Nice fish, Nelz! Hope that makes up for the one you lost the other day.
What did you catch him on?
Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
madscientist

Thanks for the head's up Nelz, and way to finally stick one. No more of that fat lady talk, okay? Tough breaks there Andy. Try again tomorrow? I'll see you there.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:03 PM   #7
vellocity

thanks for the photo post Andy and beeeyatch services.. tomorrow i return the favor for all of you.. and yeah you're right.. stuffed my piehole on fatty belly Hamachi sashimi and spicy Hamachi!!!!

all i can say is the COW Tuna fishing the long rangers are experiencing right now has got NOTHING on LJ.. ok, well that was a joke, but it's pretty darn intense out there right now.. be ready to get your socks KNOCKED off cause dem are some HEFTY fish out there right now!

saw some BIG boils, i'm talking big long swipes across the surface and big roostertails of water flying... had no choice and casted the 6xjr(cause i was trying to yoyo earlier) and got immediately ROCKED. 40#izor, torium16 drag buttoned down hard and the ski was getting towed with a wake behind me... it was so glassy you could actually see the wake coming off my sled.
as i'm trying to turn that fish my egg sinkered bait rod goes off while IN GEAR cause i forgot cause i wound some line in so it didn't get stuck on the bottom so it's doubled over bendoed almost breaking my PVC rod holders..
i got immediately kelped on the jig fish so i bailed on it and grabbed the bait rod.. after a bouncy jerky spectra battle i finally get the bait fish gaffed and try again on the jig fish... no chance it's majorly kelped by now..

Andy and Vito come to join the fun and it was some HIGH PRESSURE surface iron fishing.. pretty darn hard to not get a birdnest cast when you see some YT footprints ahead of you!!! they'd pop up here and there and of course just as i cast one way it BOILS directly in the opposite direction! we all had a few good shots at them but they didn't want what i was throwing at them..

get out there if you can cause it doesn't get any better with the conditions and grade of fish..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
Dennis

YEAH!!! Thanks for the report, guys.. It's on manana! Nice fish, Nelz. I bet that loss last week is well forgotten.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:36 PM   #9
Afran
fishy

Andy & Nelz,
Thanks for the input. I need to break away from work tomorrow. I have been working my tail off. If I don't see you all out there, good luck! I'll be looking for the reports.
Afran is offline   Reply With Quote