Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-26-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
absentx

2015 Pricing Advice/Discussion

I Most likely will be putting up our two 2015 Hobie Outback's for sale shortly. While inquiries from this site are more than welcome, I am in the midwest and I am pretty sure these will sell locally pretty fast.

I am a little unsure on pricing. Last year I threw them up and asked way too much and didn't even have a look. I know spring is the best time to sell them but frankly I would like to move them now so I can order new boats and get them by spring...plus it seems like things are in short supply with the world situation.

I am thinking I would like to ask in the $1600 -$1700 range for each boat. My boat, is fully rigged for fishing and I am thinking I could sell that one "plain jane" for $1600 -$1700 or somewhere in the $2300 to $2500 with HDS 7 Carbon, totalscan, plus an additional transducer, battery box, livewell etc.

Thoughts? Am I high? Low? Close? Suggestions?
absentx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
Hunters Pa

Hard to judge an unfamiliar market. What accessories? Condition?

Look at Craigslist and offer up to see what is out there and pricing. Watch the listings for a week and see if they are taken down (sold)
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
absentx

Condition for both is good. They are five years old, but ultimately in good to great shape. One is Ivory dune and bone stock, the other is papaya and is heavily setup for fishing/long term expeditions.

So I would either sell them both including the following base accessories:
  1. Paddles
  2. Drives
  3. Drive plugs
Or I would potentially including the following fishing add on accessories for the one that is fully setup and rigged for fishing:

1. HDS-7 Carbon.
  2. Totalscan transducer with 18" Ram side mount.
  3. HST transducer with temperature.
  4. Hobie Livewell if interested (first generation)
  5. Larger sailing rudder.
  6. Custom wired for solar and amp meter.
  7. Custom made battery box with all wiring.
  8. Two flush mount scotty rod holder bases installed.
  9. USB port for connection to custom battery box
Old 09-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #4
FISH11

Given the state of hobie kayak availability new and a shortage at this time of used ones on CL. I would say you are provably a little low. My biggest question is unless you are getting out of the fishing kayak or boat, why would you sell the HDS7 carbon and totall scan transducer?
Old 09-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
absentx

I have certainly considered that I am low given market conditions!

Absolutely not getting out of fishing or kayaking - the only reason I would sell the HDS and totalscan is if it made sense to help move the Kayak as a fishing setup.

If that happened, I would probably just upgrade to an HDS Live with Totalscan on the new boats. Trust me, love that depth finder/ducer combo and do not want to part with it!

Its just that my Papaya Outback is really customized just for my setup and the things I have, so was just thinking if someone was interested in the whole setup I would part with the greater electronics parts (only for a fair increase in price though).
Old 09-26-2020, 03:37 PM   #6
Raskal311

Used kayak price has skyrocketed so your price seem very reasonable.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:12 PM   #7
absentx

Thanks for all the input everyone - boats are listed locally and can be referenced here on the classifieds of this forum:

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...846#post310846