Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-07-2020, 06:21 PM   #1
PapaDave

DP 03-07 report

Finally hit the water today, gorgeous. Wind was reasonable, swells almost nonexistent, water temp was fairly good, clarity good, bait was the lively smaller sized sardines. Several good bites missed but did manage a couple of 16 inch bass. It's good to be on the water...
Old 03-08-2020, 05:40 PM   #2
Salty

Nice! I went there today and the wind picked up pretty quick.... The buoy was quiet. The kelp was impossible to find off Salt Creek and Strands because the high tide and strong currents kept it too deep and pinned horizontally... Ended up fishing the rocks off the point and got a sandy and my buddy got a decent sculpin (nothing kept). Lots of curious bottlenose dolphins coming right up to my kayak though! And tons of bait everywhere right now!
I agree, always good to get out there!
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 11:27 AM   #3
Udine219
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Nice! I went there today and the wind picked up pretty quick.... The buoy was quiet. The kelp was impossible to find off Salt Creek and Strands because the high tide and strong currents kept it too deep and pinned horizontally... Ended up fishing the rocks off the point and got a sandy and my buddy got a decent sculpin (nothing kept). Lots of curious bottlenose dolphins coming right up to my kayak though! And tons of bait everywhere right now!
I agree, always good to get out there!
+1

Udine219 is offline   Reply With Quote