Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #21
npdes
Junior

I have a Hobie and someday I hope to have the problem of "where do I put all my fish." Awesome catch!
npdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #22
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
rockfish and goats

Excellent Job Josh!!!
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
RobFish
Massive Member

Nice. Beautiful colors indeed.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #24
dfroggy54
Rolly

nice reds!!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #25
GregAndrew

Those damn HDS chart pages are some silver tongued wenches. Every time a mark comes up on mine, I feel myself leaning towards it like the call of the sirens. Just wish mine was leading me to a bounty like that.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
Deamon

I'm thinking there's a group of us who would pay you for a fresh weekly update...just remember who first mentioned this idea.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #27
ashmoz

Daaang reds! Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Those damn HDS chart pages are some silver tongued wenches. Every time a mark comes up on mine, I feel myself leaning towards it like the call of the sirens. Just wish mine was leading me to a bounty like that.
"Lowrance back pain" - My bro got it recently too

ashmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
sharonkayak

Those fish would make some mighty tastey fish tacos!

I went out that day, and all I did was fight the south ripping current
sharonkayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
RK

Beautiful reds Josh big gal looked about 4ish (edited after reading steves post, Im gonna say 8ish)?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
I'm thinking there's a group of us who would pay you for a fresh weekly update...just remember who first mentioned this idea.

Im surprised you would need any updates seemed like your were roping in trophies last year on your own pretty well, uhhh oh, wait a minute...........

Josh do me a favor don't so much as tell this clown where a greenback is for twenty bucks....

Last edited by RK; 03-07-2012 at 07:07 PM.
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #30
Regor
Greg

WHAT!!

A DH photo with a sonar shot and jigs a showing
What was that - "0" ft

Nice haul there Josh!

Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #31
THE DARKHORSE

Rockfish---it's what's for dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericko View Post
JOSH nice catch , but was wondering why do you were a dress shirt in many of your photos i see you in that type of shirt???

1 Is it a lucky shirt
2 Your at work so you dress up
3 your just a baller and thats how you ride

what ever it is it's working

You got me! All the above. You missed one major factor, though; and it's a big one. A disease that's probably effected every family known to man: Cancer. If you spend a couple hundred days a year on the water you learn to COVER UP! Long-sleeves, waders and religious sunscreen application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Those are some nice reds

P.S.
My GPS does not have 252, 187 or 867 5309.
And it never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Oh, don't worry, I remember who thought of that idea quite well. It was, me, four years ago when I started my guide service. That exclusive group of people who pay for, 'hot off the press', weekly updates are called clients. Just look for the guys with giant fish strapped to the back of their kayaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Beautiful fish Josh. I have not seen any that size for a while. I guess maybe you found the honey hole. If memory serves, those are pretty tasty critters.

Well done.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. One of the biggest challenges with the internet is people can't exactly see you when you speak. So I hope what I'm about to say doesn't come across as condescending. That's certainly not my intention. I'm often puzzled, though, when guys say something like "I haven't seen any that size in a while". Or, here's a good one, this one really made me chuckle last year: "this is the year of toad-flatties". Which if you think about it is, well, hilarious! Again, this isn't directed at you specifically, but I'd think it's common knowledge that the larger models---whether we're talking about fifty pound Halibut, ten pound reds or giant Sheepshead for that matter---took quite some time to get that big in the first place, right? It's not like they fell out of the sky. In essence, these larger fish in particular have been here a very long time. Right under our nose.

If we're talking about rock fish specifically. I'd say the biggest reason you don't see beautiful pictures of what would be considered, for lack of a better word, trophies---is from lack of interest. It's not that I don't find them interesting. If done right, rock-fishing is sick! From a business perspective, my clients only care about trophy White Sea Bass, Yellowtail and Halibut. If they want to go mess around one day and catch a boat load of, quality, rock-fish (with a six-pack of beer, of course), that kind of stuff is on the house.

For example, here's a ten pound red I caught right before the rock-fish season came to a close. This was on one of the last days of December; when the Yellowtail slowed down to a grinding halt. I changed gears and would be lying if I said it wasn't a blast! It's a terrible photo, actually. It's the polar opposite of how one should hold a fish to highlight the size. But, you can clearly see my arms are not pointing towards the camera and aimed straight up. If you've caught nice reds before it should be fairly obvious---this one's huge!

It's the same thing with the trophy-goats. It's not like I don't have a ton of places chocked full of them on my G.P.S.

Personally, I think they're bad-azz. And fun as all hell to catch, too, but nobody cares!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #32
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Josh, great haul, as usual...

Once caught my biggest red testing a new lure (for me) and before it hit the bottom, it got inhaled and I pulled in my biggest ever...unfortunately, not in season and in shallow enough water I was able to release it, watched it swim away...

But you will never be the Goat Master, Knott has that distinction...

Dang, March already and still haven't been out this year, between you and Steveooo, you guys are killing me...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #33
lamb

Nice reds Josh!!!

I'll say one thing that is wisely observed - Josh's movements out in a field seem to be affecting general kayak traffic in Da Jewel.