Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
Regor
Greg

Been out of the loop for a few years now due to .... life .... events. The yak is still in great shape and time to clean it up and head back out.

Wondering what some of the new crew of BWE have in username history, how did you come up with it? It's always fun to hear
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 10:31 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

In the ticket office at Portsocall Sportfishing, a friend of mine jokingly wrote, "John Mckroid Jr." under a photo of a big yellowtail that I caught.

Passengers started referring to me by the name, and it stuck. I once had to return a paycheck from 22nd St. Landing to have the last name corrected.

That was back in the early 80's. Raising a family put the hobby on hold for a few decades. In 2014 when I resumed fishing, John Mckroid was also revived for social media and has even set a few records in kayak fishing tournaments.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:46 AM   #3
JohnAndrew
Junior

JohnAndrew - John is my name and Andrew is name of my best father ever. People love your parents!
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote