Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
Matt
Support your local pangas

Lobster Season is coming soon.....

Just wanted to post when it opens as I for one am very excited about getting out and getting some lobsters!!! Not sure what anyones plans are for the opening night by I know I am heading out for sure!!!!
If anyone is heading on out and needs someone to tag along feel free to pm me!

The sport season for California’s spiny lobster opens Saturday, Sept. 29, and continues through March 19, 2008. The California Department of Fish and Game (DFG) is conducting an assessment of sport lobster fishing activities this season. Samplers will interview anglers and measure their catch to collect information on the valuable fishery.
Regulations governing the sport take of spiny lobster have helped to preserve the tradition of lobster diving and hoop netting in southern California. The 2007-2008 spiny lobster season regulations include:
  • Fishermen (16 years or older) must possess a valid sport fishing license.
  • Spiny lobster taken must measure at least 3 1/4 inches in length, measured in a straight line on the mid-line of the back from the rear edge of the eye socket to the rear edge of the body shell.
  • The daily bag limit is seven lobsters.
  • Divers may take lobsters by hand only.
  • Up to five baited hoop nets may be fished by a person for lobster with a maximum of 10 per vessel, regardless of how many fishermen are onboard.
The complete set of spiny lobster regulations are contained in the 2007 Ocean Sport Fishing regulations booklet, found online at www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations and wherever fishing licenses are sold More information about California’s spiny lobster is available on the DFG Web site at www.dfg.ca.gov/marine.
###