Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
Trout
Looks are everything

Touching base from Oahu

What's up with the pansy on the front page with that little white sea bass??? He he. What's up guys... long time no fish. Can't believe it has been a year since I moved to Oahu. Been catching lots from the 'yak (nothing huge yet), but definitely scoring ahi, ono, mahi, etc. from the boat. Lots of surf, too. I am finally starting to meet some other kayak anglers (all very friendly, as expected). They definitely trip out on my kayak (accessories that they haven't encountered/seen yet) and have lots of questions. I said I'd help them for access to the honey holes :-)

Anyway... coming into town in a few weeks and can't wait to fish SD again. My buddy told me about the SCI charter (possibly on the 1st and 2nd) and I may have an open window for that. If it's on, what's the possibility of SCI being off limits when we show up? I know that used to happen quite often. I guess Catalina is an option?

I still follow the board every so often to check out the beasts you guys are pulling in... keep it up and don't be afraid to C & R. La Jolla is getting hammered pretty hard, and I want to catch some if I ever move back!

Aloha,
Trout
Old 06-15-2006, 04:31 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Adam, pretty easy to call Mike a pansy waaaaaaaaay over there

Feel free to post reports, right under Isreal

Pretty unlikely that the whole island would be HOT, but Catalina would likely be a plan B.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
MKNOTT

Give me a call when you get in town bra. You should try and get out for the tourney. MKNOTT

When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea, <O
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
MKNOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:45 PM   #4
Trout
Looks are everything

Here we go.... "Tourney? What tourney???"

I'm so out of the loop, it's silly. My buddy mentioned the possible SCI trip on the 6-pack, which sounds pretty sweet. We may actually try to make that happen. I don't think I can tolerate going from 1st to 3rd place in the last 7 minutes and 23 seconds of a tournament again. I have two invitations on private boats. Man... I should come back to visit more often!

I don't have your cell # anymore, so send it to me at trout@adnc.com. I'll be there from 6/27 - 7/5.

I'm ready for some REAL hamachi more than anything. The hamachi here is Rainbow Runner. Still delicious, but it doesn't have that firm, marble texture that the California Yellowtail has. Besides, catching over 20 mahi off that floating log the other days has me yawning a bit. He he... just kidding. Actually, no I'm not.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #5
rippin lips

Send a message via AIM to rippin lips
Eh bra, makin me home sick, Kailua huh? I grew up in waimanalo and spent my last few years in Kailua.......

Post report wit pictchas already, I like see how look ova dea now days.

')`HAWAII'(`
Old 06-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #6
Trout
Looks are everything

RL... I forwarded some photos to MKNOTT to post for me. Some are fish from the 'yak (papio, toa'o, menpache, ta'ape) and others from the boat (mahi, ono, ahi)... they may make you wanna paddle home. Don't make me start talking Keneke's kalbi, chicken katsu, kalua pork with rice and mac salad and a shave ice for dessert. Hey Mike, if you can't post the photos, please forward them to Andy. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:58 PM   #7
rippin lips

Send a message via AIM to rippin lips
oh brah, I so jealous, my maddah and my braddah leaving for da big island tuesday fo 10 days.