Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
md

Fishing report with avery ellisman in Israel

So after avery and me had the connection beet win us on the bwe and after a lot of mail avery arrived Israel to work. We mat 2 times before Thursday and in the last Thursday we had our first evening forum meeting. We organized this evening with the dealer of ocean kayk . there were 50 forum member some of them came to rich their knowledge from avery (we published is arriving in the forum) and all of them own kayak.
Avery came with some grate kayak fishing movies and for that I want to thank jim sammon's , it was very kind from you and the movies together with avery's explanation's on kayak fishing open the eye's of the members about what can you do with your kayak. The plan was to go to slip at the next beach (10 minute's drive) and lunch the kayak early in the morning. This plan didn’t success because the wave gat 5 feet high and in the west coast of the midetranian sea the interval bee twin the wave is very short. There were no option that avery and I wont go fishing and then we change to plan b'. at 1:00 am I put my ocen k2 old tandem version and a scupper pro that the dealer gave us for avery on the roof of my car and my best friend bought Malibu two xl and the all 3 cars went to 2 hours on the Israeli bad roads.
We rich my house in askelon at 3:00 am and at 5:00 avery and me were eating the breakfast. From the house we could here the power of the wave , but I must go fishing with avery. At 6:00 am we went out from the local marine beet win the waves.
Our goal was to have a good time together and to check if the amberjack and the wsb here behave the some way and will attack the same iron.
After I "porced" avery to use the iron and the shimano torium that he bought for me at squidco's and I really wanted to learn from him how to use it and I don’t care if he is going to loose it he showed me the abilities of the reel.
Avery tried to have some bait on the sabiki and there were no bait fish. We paddle to another spot at 54 feet dept and it was empty, from there we paddled to a boat on the 100 feet deft 2.5 kilometers from shore. From my experience the fish attack at this point beet win 7:00 – 8:00 and it was bingo. I felt a strike and I hooked up 3lb amberjack. 10 minuets later avery hooked up a beiger fish 10lb amberjack.
I struggled a fish for 10 minutes and the spectra line cut of.
The wind started to changed direction and we paddled out for breakfast with some of the forum members.
That was an amazing ending for the week with avery.
I want you to know that all the Israeli fishing forum members and specially the kayak fishing forum are thankful for your help and I will explain myself.
I want to thank andy / iceman for his help and the opportunity to learn my friend about kayak fishing .
I want to thank jim sammon's from kayk4fish on the DVD movies, they did there job.
And avery ,I want to thank you for being one of us and for your help from san Diego and the you have been with us here.
You are a grate friend , menash

md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
md

md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Nice pics!

Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
Iceman
Administrator

Excellent report. Glad you got Avery out on the water. You guys are becoming master of the yoyo iron. Next the 8-9 foot rods and surface iron
Old 06-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #5
kurt

Sweet. How does that amberjack taste?
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #6
swinginFish

From land of the Med, Red and Dead - seas

Hit the water w/ Menash early Fri. after a late Thurs. night gathering of some 40 Israeli kayak fishing enthusisasts. Launched out of the marina in Ashkelon - a city about 15 kilometers north of Gaza. Were some missles fired from there at Israel the day before, so it was a target for Israeli retaliation - noise from which checkered the night and was heard while we were fishing. Interesting how one can adjust to this rugged reality, and interesting that Israeli amberjack hit and fight like YT's - suspect they taste like them too.

Water there was well into the 70's, full of jelly fish and quite clear. Menash metered fish over a sunken ship directly off the marina's break water, and a place he has dialed in. At around 8:30 AM he caught his first amberjack on a set up he uses oftn (long thin iron with a stinger and no trailing hook), and I fished a 7' stick w/ the Torium 20 I brought him from here. Didn't find any bait, so yoyoed a brought-along blue and chrome salas. Got hit and unpinned after Menash landed a juvenile amberjack, but on my next drift a bigger unit struck and stuck - 11lbs on Menash's hand-held scale.

Want to thank the OK reps for loaning me an SPTW for the day - a boat I feel quite at home in, Jim Sammons for the loan of some great kayak fishing videos, Menash for the introduction to his cronies and opprortunity to fish his local waters, and BWE for a forum that's gone international.

Menash you were a great host, and I look forward to returning the favor to you and/or any of the Israel Fishing Forum breathren.

Col hacavode!

Avery
swinginFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
PAL

Avery's seminar drew 40! Kayak fishing is a global sensation. I wish I could have taken Avery up on his invitation to make the trip. Perhaps someday. Menash, I hope you will have the opportunity to come fish in our pond.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:01 AM   #8
oscar
Kayak Jigger

Avery & menash .

Thank u for great event , from one of the 40 ppl that where in that seminar .
( and the only one that stayed to watch the entire movies when every one alse hit the buffet )

Seems like u had great time at sea , maybe next time in israell u both come to visit us at the north .

In big expectation for what is in the future for israel kayak fishing .

oscar

oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #9
swinginFish

Oscar,

Ha shana haba'a btzfon ha-aretz!

Glad you made it for the gathering. Am looking forward to fishing up north with you when next "in country".

Paul,

Remember Kuntakinte! Your scheduled to join me for the next trip ...

Avery
swinginFish is offline   Reply With Quote