Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > West Coast Whoppers > West Coast Whoppers 2015 - The 3 Kings

Old 01-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

2016 WCW The Three Kings

Same rules apply to 2016!

The 3 Kings

yellowtail, white seabass and California halibut

Free to enter and a new format this year. Each month anglers will compete for the biggest in each category for that month alone. Winning 1 point toward a possible year total of 12 if you were to win every month by having the biggest fish submitted within that division. Points will be tallied after each month and updated with the winners declared aftrer the final buzzer at midnight December 31st. In the case of a points tie, your submitted weights will be totaled and the higher weight will win the crown.

There will be custom trophy steins handed out for the biggest yellowtail, white seabass and halibut caught in 2016. Awards and get together to be determined, taking place in January 2017.

All fish must be hooked, fought and landed from a kayak and brought to shore without any physical assistance.

To submit your catch it must be heavier in weight by 1 pound or more than the previous reining leader in that month. We are rounding down weights, so a 40.8# fish is submitted as forty and a fish will need to weigh 41# or over to knock them off the podium.

Each angler’s submission must be accompanied by one photo of the angler with the fish, preferably on the kayak.

In addition, for each fish submitted, the weight needs to be supported by photo of the fish on a measuring tape showing its total length in inches. The fish must be weighed on an accurate scale. Reported fish weight will be compared to length to verify accuracy, photo of scale not required. As an alternative, the angler may submit the fish with weight obtained from the certified fish weigh-in station - certified weigh-in stations (Dana Landing, Fisherman's Landing, possibly your local tackle shop with certified scale). When submitting a fish with weight obtained from a certified scale, no tape shot picture is required. The weigh master should give you documentation, or just snap a photo of the weight showing on the scale.

Again, the big change for this year is at the end of each month the biggest fish caught in each of the 3 categories will receive 1 point toward their possible 12 point total for the year in each category. The angler with the most points in each of the 3 separate categories will win each title, not the single biggest fish.

This starts today January 1st and runs through midnight December 31st 2016

Please if you have any grievance contact the WCW Moderator privately and it will be addressed.

Last edited by WCW Moderator; 02-01-2016 at 03:05 PM.
WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #2
jorluivil

Hey mods.............................................. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
I know keeping track of points is a pain in the ass, but to keep things simple and fun, and keep things going all year, instead of everything happening at January 1, 12:05 am...also to get more people to participate in the WCW. I have a pretty simple idea....

It's probably too late to suggest this but how about a 12 point system, one point per month of the year. One point to the member with the biggest fish for that month. The member with the most points at the end of the year takes it. If a different member wins every month then the biggest fish during the 12 month period wins.

I like this because a single lucky large fish cannot knock everyone out for the year, only for that month. So everybody would have to fish hard all year to try to make a point for that month....The competition would be fun!

I do like the triple crown Idea too, that would be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Tony, I think this would be a great format. Don't want to change it up now that we started, but next year!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:10 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

I like switching things up a bit with the format, only 1 week into the year. Look for this to get done today.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:26 AM   #4
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I like switching things up a bit with the format, only 1 week into the year. Look for this to get done today.
Geez...I feel like you guys were thinking of me on this new format...
THANK YOU!

Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #5
WCW Moderator
Super Moderator

Done

The big change for this year is at the end of each month the biggest fish caught in each of the 3 categories will receive 1 point toward their possible 12 point total for the year in each category. The angler with the most points in each of the 3 separate categories will win each title, not the single biggest fish.
WCW Moderator is offline   Reply With Quote