Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #41
bellcon

Stay Home And Get Healthy Billy!

Quote:
Billy maybe you should sit on the other side.........and cough alot.
Thats what I was thinking
cough a lot!!

Seriously Billy,
you should stay home
those are not good symptoms...

I don't know if your just crazy dedicated or just crazy stupid
but who ever is giving you the ride is crazy Brave!

cheers to both of you
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:54 AM   #42
Billy V

Germ warfare. I'll mingle and shake hands with our friends.

Just took the BP it was 130/85. The Dr. said the Nitequil could have been the reason for the spike. I had been taking it for a few days prior to seeing him.

see you there
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #43
FISHIONADO

I'm sitting in a biz meeting in China wondering how it went today. Thanks to all those that represented!
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #44
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

If Billy V can come up on his death bed, and give a ceded time, ie 3 mins, presentation, then more kayakers need to step up, and show up. Thank you Billy!

There will likely be 3 more public comment meetings with the DFG commision, and possibly the final decision December 2010. They are more friendly than BRTF. There were more fishermen today, but we need to keep up the pressure, and our presence.

In case you missed it...

Quote:
F&G Commissioner Dan Richards is my new hero!

He's insisting on line item BRTF budget details, asking about meetings out of compliance with the Brown Act, and how the IPA could have been created over a couple hours. He seems skeptical about funding, conflicts of interests etc.

Meg Caldwell and other BRTF members are dancing around but he's not buying much of it.
Good seeing my kayak friends today! Even Clay the Fish catcher questioned the BRTF closed door meetings!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #45
so cal shaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel View Post
They are more friendly than BRTF. There were more fishermen today, but we need to keep up the pressure, and our presence.

In case you missed it...

Good seeing my kayak friends today! Even Clay the Fish catcher questioned the BRTF closed door meetings!
I do not know if the F&G commission is friendlier but they are about the business at hand and how the decisions made by the BRTF are going to affect them. I am sorry I could not stay longer These meeting take a lot out of me mentally and I am pretty burned out plus I had to get Erika home for her class. Even on the drive home Erika was asking me some questions as to some of the people that approached me and I had to tell her that I was completely zoned out during the meeting and I pretty much turn into a robot and do not remember much about what happened during the day.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #46
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

today was only the second time I could make it to one of these thingys and it was actually pretty cool, but the thing that stuck out to me was when I was talking to a blue ribbon supporter and they said,
" ...there are hardly any kayak fishermen out there anyways so who cares.""

I was shocked none the less, but looking around, it did seem true. If everyone could commit to one of these meeting I think it would really make a huge difference. If there had been 1000 kayakers there today instead of 100 it would have been a major impact. Hell, if there had been over 1000 sport fishermen it could have been a pretty powerful room.

I am def going to the next ones... its something you shouldn't miss, even just go sit there, you'll learn something. thanks for everyone who got a chance to speak...

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #47
Matt
Support your local pangas

Just got back....and couldn't stick it out any longer, but it does seem if the dfg are questioning ALOT of what my pal Meg has done.....so I am pessimistically optimistic....we definitely outnumbered the Jihadist enviros today and there is some more positives coming soon for LJ(possibly)....stay tuned they have not won this fight yet!!!!!!

Thanks to all that attended.....Grego even had a life size cut out of his one and only halibut that he has ever caught and for a minimal fee he would let you take a picture next to him and his fish!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #48
emrliquidlife

Who won the rod?

Ed
Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #49
Matt

Steve "Greenie" Greene a.k.a Landwhale won the rod!!!!

Big thanks to Tommy Gomes for taking care of making sure Steve get's it!!

And to the DORKS who tried putting in like 20 tickets instead of one
NICE TRY!!!!

Big thanks have to go to Billy V sick as a dog and still campaigning for your rights to FISH!!

And thanks to Erika for helping out with the collection of tix for the raffle!!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #50
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Quote:
I was shocked none the less, but looking around, it did seem true. If everyone could commit to one of these meeting I think it would really make a huge difference. If there had been 1000 kayakers there today instead of 100 it would have been a major impact. Hell, if there had been over 1000 sport fishermen it could have been a pretty powerful room.

I am def going to the next ones... its something you shouldn't miss, even just go sit there, you'll learn something. thanks for everyone who got a chance to speak...

Unfortunately, it is a little bit too late for that revelation. We could have used the 1000 kayak anglers early in the process when it might have made a difference. Coming to the LAST meeting and saying, "Gee, more fishermen should come to these things" doesn't do us much good now. We needed that at every step throughout this process.
Glad you could make it to the meeting. At least you can tell your kids how a mix of corrupt politics and indifference resulted in permanent closures of our most productive fishing grounds.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #51
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Good seeing those who showed up. we definitely had some good speaking going on...young Otto was there again, speaking of the importance of Father/Son bonding (fishing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel View Post
That was the first time they actually addressed him as Fishcatcher and asked him if he liked to fish. Good seeing that for a change, although it seemed every laguna lady looked at him as they walked by, then evil eyed me...

And Billy V, keep on those meds...you actually seemed calm up there for a change...

The 'process' made the front page of todays' Union Trib, seems the Head DFG'er is not too happy...who can blame him, puts more of a burden on them.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #52
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Thanks to everyone that attended today. It isn't over yet. I hear we have a couple more chances to comment and work on the DFG commission.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #53
Grego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Thanks to all that attended.....Grego even had a life size cut out of his one and only halibut that he has ever caught and for a minimal fee he would let you take a picture next to him and his fish!!!
You're welcome everyone...Kurt, don't worry someone took for you, so you'll get it soon. And sorry Matt, it was only one photo per person, I didn't have space on my camera card for you to take multiple poses, especially after you tried to cut in line!!!!

Thanks to everyone from down here who made the drive up....I think we'll all be in a similar position for the next meeting!!! Sacramento anyone?
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #54
Matt

As far as people showing up......it's imperative that everyone who can show up does show up, if only to allocate speaking time (we had a tougher time than you might think getting Billy enough time)

So please show up each and every meeting that you can, the show of numbers definitely still plays an important part!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #55
bellcon

Decent turnout,
We will always will be lacking the numbers we should have I guess...

But you gotta be some what proud of what us Kayak Anglers (and spearos!) have done
even if we need better surf skills and their are so few of us,
(anyone ever figure out who that dick was?)

T man good talking with you
and Clay The Fish Catcher

you too Otto

Oh and Matt
your on my list now
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #56
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
...even if we need better surf skills and their are so few of us,
yup...http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ead.php?t=6400

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher

Last edited by Tman; 12-09-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #57
so cal shaggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
His name is Scott Dunn and anti fishing kayak guide(?) from the Malibu area. He is very arrogant and thinks (like many of the anti fishing people) that their POV is the only view and that we should adopt their ideas and mindset.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #58
Billy V

We have to follow through with DFG to the end. They are just getting to know us, and we made some strong point before them today.

This game is far from over, and we can turn the tide if we are diligent.
SouthWest Airlines has Cheap Air Fares in Cali, and I intend on flying them when possible.

As you may have seen today ceded time requires that you accumulate 15 speaker cards in addition to your own for a 3 minute presentation, so attendance is going to play a crucial role at future meetings.

Thank You to everyone who participated today, and thanks to the people who gave me your valuable speaking time so I could send our unified message from the kayak fishing and spear fishing communities at today's meeting.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #59
zenspearo

Kudos to those who made it. I got hammered with an emergency at work AS I WAS DRIVING UP with a long-standing client...had to do quick fixes all day in a parking lot (thank god for laptop, verizon tethered modem and cell phone) and saved the account.

I guess work finally caught up with me...

Again, thanks to all who spoke up.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #60
PAL

Commissioner Richards' remarks start at the 4:35:46 mark of the meeting archive, available here: http://www.cal-span.org/cgi-bin/media.pl?folder=CFG

I'm still reviewing it for the first time. I attended through 11:40 but had to head home to San Diego for a family matter, but I wasn't worried in the least. I knew the kayak fishing community was well covered by those who made the sacrifice to attend. You guys are the best. Huge props to Billy for playing hurt and still hitting one out of the park. Gibsonesque.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote