Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
keenefish
Junior

nice deals

At the last one, I showed up at around noon and scooped up a mini x,seat,tie downs and paddle for my boy for around $250. I had 3 or 4 to chose from but I would definitely go early if you want a specific yak and more choices.
Keene
Old 10-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
Iceman
Administrator

bump

7110 Jackson Street Paramount, CA 90723-4837
Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
chitown54

My wife

Is a champ. lol first off i want to say a huge thank you to Andy and the OEX gang at this event. They were on top of it and kept every thing as organized as possible for something so similar to a black Friday sale. Now on to my wife who has decided that she wants to start kayak fishing with me. Ironic the week after she decides this THE SALE HITS lol. Anyways we talk about it she looks at all the kayaks for sale, colors and all and decides she wants a blue Stealth 12. As the days go by she keeps reading about how in the past people got there way early and such and that if you want a good selection to get there early. I think her early and everyone else's early was way off lol. She told me im going down there at 12AM im like hunny i think you can go at 2 or 3 and still be fine to get what you want her reply was NOPE IM GOING AT 12AM my answer was YES DEAR. anyways i fall asleep at 8pm due to being on call i wake up at 10 and what the heck she is gone call her up where you at her reply im waiting in line for my kayak how many people are there NONE.. any how she calls me at 7am get down here i need your help now im concerned and am like with what did you get robbed did someone push you out of line what. No they have colors that they didnt list online and I cant decide what i want OMG . well any ways as we were waiting to get in Andy comes buy and says leave the tags on the kayaks and a worker will get it for you ( she had already picked hers out when they carryed it out of the where house) as she waited for the guy to get the tag for her another person tried to get her tag but Andys staff was on it and told the guy she was here first LITTERALY lol ok well long post I know but I am just so damb proud of her im bursting. By the way she got the gray camo Stealth 12
chitown54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #24
Dirty Curti

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown54 View Post
I am just so damb proud of her im bursting. By the way she got the gray camo Stealth 12
Aahh too bad. She should have got the blue one. It's faster and it would have brought out the color in here eyes!

Congrats and good luck getting along on the water.

Dirty Curti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #25
Dannowar

Hah! Right on! I drove my cousins up and they got a couple stealth 12's as well. We were right behind you guys.

enjoy the new yak!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
MrPatrick

Got there early

O'side guy and I were second in line. We each picked up a lime and a mango mini-x. Time went by quick and Brent was nice enough to let folks use the bathroom. When. Got home I noticed that my yaks have two different decks. The mango one has flat spaces by the center hatch like a stealth 9 but without the little side hatches. The foot wells have the heel stops though, not flat.
The wife and I are happy to now have two yaks that will stack on top of our Subaru. Thanks Malibu and OEX.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #27
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
The mango one has flat spaces by the center hatch like a stealth 9 but without the little side hatches. The foot wells have the heel stops though, not flat.
There were a mix of early 2012 models and end of year, changes were made in the molds
Old 10-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #28
OsideGuy
Junior

I was with MrPatrick 2nd in line. Got a lime green Mini X and a mango Mini X for my Son and Wife. Both of mine have the extra flat space near the center hatch like Patrick was talking about. I like it - more deck space!

It was a great experience and the event was super well organized. Everyone calmly chose their yak and waited for a friendly staff member to help them. Check out was fast and easy and I even got a COD paddle and seat at a great price!

Now I can't wait for my Son to get home to surprise him and let him choose his color!. He was camping with the Scouts this weekend and has no idea I got him his first yak! Thank you to everyone involved!

Last edited by OsideGuy; 10-14-2012 at 09:49 AM.
OsideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #29
chitown54

Sweet I bet he will be supper happy with your surprise for him he will be DAD. Also it was realy nice to meet you Mrpatrick and Oside
chitown54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
MrPatrick

First yak

Thanks again guys! O'sideguys son loves to fish. We took him out on his first yak trip on their tandem. He was so happy with his first fish. I hope to be there on his first solo launch and fishing trip. The look on his face will be priceless. Get it on video and share it.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #31
OsideGuy
Junior

Thanks chitown! Btw, your wife is a champ! When we got there at around 4:15 am, she was standing by the gate. When we found out she had been there all night we couldn't believe it! She was cracking jokes with us and keeping us laughing while making the time go by faster!

I'm also glad that is seems like, at least with the people we talked to, most were buying for their family, friends, cousins etc. Rather than someone hoarding them all just to make a quick buck on Craig's list.
OsideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #32
nitsuj
Junior

Damn, wish this was going on when I was down there for a wedding, would have hooked the newlyweds up with a yak as a gift. Those prices are insane
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
kiyo21

? wens the next one!?!?!?!?!

sold my yak Friday and missed the sale....
kiyo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #34
Biggameaddict
The Kayak Peddler

I missed the sale too! That sucked i didnt have a ride there.
Biggameaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #35
FishNinjaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
bump

7110 Jackson Street Paramount, CA 90723-4837
Hi Andy, we've been emailing about the Oasis vs Outfitter..
I'm wondering if this parking lot sale is happening again sometime soon? I'm interested in getting a Mini-X, probably in addition to one of the Hobie Tandems. Thanks..
-Jay
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #36
Iceman
Administrator

Have not heard anything from Malibu Kayaks on the possibility of the next one.