Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
San Quintin HALIBUT tournament 23 June

Tide swings will be LOW so do not expect a lot of eel grass to be floating on the surface. Might be a great time to bounce ball the dropoffs and deeper holes with a live mac. Tight Lines amigos,

22 DAYS and counting.
We have two contestants paid. Looks like Rossman from Asuncion could win again. However there are a few Local contestants. Tight Lines amigos. Hope to sea you there.

ANGLERS ARE:
Rossman
Makbob
Baja_Traveler

San Quintin Halibut tournament. 23 June 2018. All pangas, boats, boards, Solos, inflatables, canoes,
kayaks welcome. All persons on board must be registered and paid for this tournament. Launch time
will be daybreak. Weigh in time will be 5pm at Don Eddies landing in San Quintin. You may fish in or
outside of the bay, use any bait you want. Dinner will start at 7 pm.

This year it would be legal to mothership to San Martin Island to fish the sand there. Just be back by
weigh in time. Or you could fish from any beach.

LONGEST halibut will win. One winner. $25.00 USD or $450 pesos. I will take $5.00 per person from
the pot to help off set the cost of a Sea Food dinner to be held starting at 7pm. Dinner should include
fish, oysters, pismo clams, crab and shrimp.

BYOB or pay for your drinks at the bar. All entrants MUST be paid not later then the 22nd at 9 pm. I
will be at Don Eddies on the 21st and 22nd of June. BTW the 23rd of June is MY 70th Birthday, NO
PRESENTS PLEASE. The easiest way to pay is to PayPal me at r.moore760@gmail.com
Thank you amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 06-01-2018 at 03:45 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
Baja_Traveler

I don't do Paypal - but I'll be there at lunch time on the 22nd and pay you then.

Care to share a room again?

Kai
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
I don't do Paypal - but I'll be there at lunch time on the 22nd and pay you then.

Care to share a room again?

Kai
Done deal Kai, sure no problem with room, Might get second room if enough guys sing up. Sea you later amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 06-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

UPDATE

So here is MY plan. 15th of JUNE drive to mako-ville. Fish/play/build in camp thru the 19th.
20th of June drive to San Quintin. 21-22 get Sea Food and things ready for Tournament and
party. 23 June FISH and PARTY. 24th back to mako-ville for a day or two.

Thinking of going back to mako-ville for the 4th of July, IS ANYONE INTERESTED?
Let me know, Tight Lines amigos

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 06-19-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
brew
I Exercise Fish

Bob,

I would like to count in on this trip! Look forward to finally meeting you (And others). I paypaled you the $ and plan on meeting up with everyone at Don Eddies Fri evening.

I am heading down alone, so if anyone want to carpool, or whatever let me know. I live in HB. (714/658-7571)

Also, I have never fished there before, so if anyone doesn't mind me tagging along that would be great. I don't know where to launch, etc (Kayak). I also don't have 4wd, and looking at google earth, it looks like that may be needed to launch closer to the outlet of the bay? Anyway, hopefully I will find out all I need from everyone on Fri night.

Tim
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #6
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Bob,

I would like to count in on this trip! Look forward to finally meeting you (And others). I paypaled you the $ and plan on meeting up with everyone at Don Eddies Fri evening.

I am heading down alone, so if anyone want to carpool, or whatever let me know. I live in HB. (714/658-7571)

Also, I have never fished there before, so if anyone doesn't mind me tagging along that would be great. I don't know where to launch, etc (Kayak). I also don't have 4wd, and looking at google earth, it looks like that may be needed to launch closer to the outlet of the bay? Anyway, hopefully I will find out all I need from everyone on Fri night.

Tim
I just launched out there this morning. I have a 2wd, but reasonably high ground clearance, It was a rugged go but I think with the tides and swell predicted for the rest of the week it should get better. Gotta air down.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:57 PM   #7
Baja_Traveler

Hey Ross - If you check in here again - Tell Bob I can't make it down this weekend. My Company is sending me back to L.A. and I've got to get my trailer back up there to live out of...
Old 06-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #8
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Hey Ross - If you check in here again - Tell Bob I can't make it down this weekend. My Company is sending me back to L.A. and I've got to get my trailer back up there to live out of...
Kai I hope they are paying you TRIPPLE time amigo. Sea you soon. BTW ROSSMAN did it again. Winner of $150.00 with biggest halibut AGAIN.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 06-26-2018, 07:03 PM   #9
Baja_Traveler

Hey Bob - I've been checking in twice a day looking for updates. I figured Ross would be the man, but he never came back on here to brag. Hope your birthday weekend was a blast!

Yea, I actually had cell service down in Abreojo's and my boss called in the middle of our fly fishing trip. I guess it's better than being sent to the East Coast or Houston and I can be home for the weekend.

Boy do I have to tell you about Estero Coyote! The fishing was phenomenal - all on the 8 weight and clousers. Couldn't even tell you the number of big Corvina I caught - 20 plus a day. I'm all enthusiastic about tying flies now, and brought the whole kit up with me to tie flies at night.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Hey Bob - I've been checking in twice a day looking for updates. I figured Ross would be the man, but he never came back on here to brag. Hope your birthday weekend was a blast!

Yea, I actually had cell service down in Abreojo's and my boss called in the middle of our fly fishing trip. I guess it's better than being sent to the East Coast or Houston and I can be home for the weekend.

Boy do I have to tell you about Estero Coyote! The fishing was phenomenal - all on the 8 weight and clousers. Couldn't even tell you the number of big Corvina I caught - 20 plus a day. I'm all enthusiastic about tying flies now, and brought the whole kit up with me to tie flies at night.
Flying Ties should keep you busy at night after you BBQ for the people there, cause I know you brought the GMG. The water heater works well amigo. Thank you so much. Sea you soon.
Yep Coyote can be a blast, when Sven and I went we got no corvina, but tons of bass and saw lots of turtles.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN