Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
LipYanker
Have rods, will travel!

LJ 5/24 AM

If you are looking for a "FISH" report this aint it. This is more like a paddling report. I woke up at 2:30 to head down from 29 palms this morning. Got all my gear ready yesterday afternoon, charged the batteries and loaded it all up in the truck thinking, "man, I think I have everything". I normally wouldn't do the early morning trip but I'm down here for work this week so I figured what the heck. The only problem was when I op checked my bait tank last night I left the battery hooked up and well take a wild guess. No workey this morning. Standing on the beach at 5:30 looking at some intimidating surf thinking " I made it this far..." Launched ok, pretty wet, and avoiding one potential disaster, made it out past the surf. I decided to say screw bait and just throw Iron, keeping an eye on the fishfinder the whole way out, didn't see much. Lots of dogs working the area. The swell was pretty big, to me anyway. Being from FL and fishing the flats most of my life swell isn't my favorite thing. Fished for around 2 hours and decided to call it. On the way in I only ran into one other person in a red Malibu, the rest of the morning I had the place all to myself, said hello and continued on my way. So, I was sitting there watching the surf and decided to stow my rods in the rod pod for the first time... This was the smartest idea I've ever had.... I remember wondering if anyone was watching the webcam at the moment I took the big dip The funny thing was when I was draggin the yak up on the beach, soaked through I had a huge smile on my face and was laughing. The old lady walking by must have thought I was a nut.

My moto is that saltwater is good for the soul and I got a good dose of it this morning. No yard sale, didnt drown, and spent a few hours out on the water. didnt catch anything but a possible cold. Now I'm sitting in my hotel room looking at the webcam and it looks beautiful out there. I should have slept in!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
LipYanker
Have rods, will travel!

Oh, I'll be back out on thursday morning. Anyone else headin out?

On another note, I didnt notice any discoloration in the water. It was cloudy but nothing unusual.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
bigbarrels

will be out there Tues, Wed (possibly), and Thurs on a mango malibu x-13.....hope the winds cooperate thanks for the report
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
Dennis

You're a good man LipYanker.. Thanks for the report. Now get some sleep...
Dawn patrol manana...
-D