Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-06-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
kurtfish

WSB fish story & virtual domination

We are getting down to a few weeks before the big event in San Diego area fishing this season. No the Tuna Challange is still over a month out. I am of course talking about the Bill Poole Memorial where we all have many chances to participate.

Kayak, spearfishing and various boating divisions all compete for what now looks like the incredible carved wood circle hook trophies and the piece of mind knowing you helped put WSB back into our local waters. This year's post fishing day BBQ and silent auction look to be even better than the larger Tuna Challange. Bob Fletcher has collected numerous rod and reel combos and a 5-day Spirit of Adventure trip for the auction. Carl and Rick have collected some great trip certificates and tackle as well. We will be featuring a Malibu kayak from OEX with a couple of Fletcher Rods as our silent auction grand prize. We are also close to securing a SUP which you may have compete against me and Hubbs Scientist Mike Shane on the bidding as I have been catching a few New Hampshire SUP waves this week and feeling it may finally be time to add a SUP board to my water craft collection.

Even if you have freinds that give you a hard time about fishing and "depleting" our fish stocks you can invite them to the Hubbs BBQ as the fish being served is auqaculture Sturgeon and the sushi is likely pen raised as well. All the proceeds for the auction and the $25 BBQ ticket price go right to supporting the WSB replenishment program so everyone should be able to be comfortable with that cause. Just suggest your enviro friends don't wear their blue "I LUV MPAs" t-shirts. That would not go over well and we are serving beer and maybe even wine this year so we don't want any bathroom brawls at Hubbs beautiful Mission Bay front location.

Please see the Hubbs website at www.hswri.org and click on the link to see the contest information and entry form. The virtual fishing contest should also be up and running next week where you can form a team of WSB supporters and compete for prizes and recognition as the dominators of the virtual universe.

See you on July 29th for the pre-fishing seminar hosted by Rock Cod Rick and Carl Schmidt.
Name:  April2010WSBLJ.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  69.4 KB
Kurtfish
kurtfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
umtduckhead

TOAD!
umtduckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
coxtanker421

kurt my man