Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
poorpaddy

Send a message via Yahoo to poorpaddy
Nice little sandshark

This weekend I had the pleasure of not loading up the yak and hitching a ride with a couple friends on their boat in the big bay. They went to places I never really fished there since I normally surround structures. The bass were biting my cut squid like nothing else. Lizards still made an appearance but I ended my day with this little guy. Fun times! If someone has some advice or an easy way of getting the hook out, please let me know for future reference. I had to re-soak the little guy a few times before getting it out all the way.

Last edited by poorpaddy; 08-22-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: grammar
poorpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
jorluivil

I use circle hooks 99.99% of the time so I never have an issue getting the hook out. Isn't it amazing how strong those little guys are? I caught one a few years back that was just a little bigger than that one, I thought I was going to man-handle by grabbing it from the tail. Next thing it started to shake and the damn thing almost got my wrist.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
poorpaddy

Send a message via Yahoo to poorpaddy
@jorluivil,

Yep, the bloody thing was strong. Kept twirling in my hands.

I was using circle hooks as well. Actually almost always use them for the self setting action but these were size 6's (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Light-Cir...item519a724bdc) and he swallowed the whole hook about 3" down. I guess it's less likely to swallow if I were to maybe use some 2/0 instead.
poorpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
Jimmyz123

These things are really active right now in that part of the bay. I've been seeing a lot of photos of those.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big bay, sandshark