Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-09-2021, 08:31 PM   #1
ShugaShane562

Long Beach

https://youtu.be/4L5ptwRlJ38

Fun times as always. Even on a slow day, being out there is so nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShugaShane562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:14 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Looked like nice weather and a fun day on the water. Those small mackerels and the queenfish might have made good baits.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:12 AM   #3
ShugaShane562

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Looked like nice weather and a fun day on the water. Those small mackerels and the queenfish might have made good baits.

Yeah I was contemplating using them but I mainly use artificial. Definitely something I want to try more this year is using live and cut bait

Old 09-12-2021, 03:39 PM   #4
Paul1066
Junior

Queen fishing

I launched there a more few times , no matter the tide that ramp is steep! . It’s ridiculous on being harassed about standing off of moored ships . Technically fishing the break water next too Queen Mary is 25yrds << like being near that rust bucket is supposed to be a crime . If you screen the bottom , there’s a channel that the Catalina Express boats . Use to navigate away from docks to open water . At low tide you can see the jet Catalina boats blowing mud up . Oh a and ramp area is a dirty dump trash everywhere. It’s really sad should be very nice . It’s right next to a real nice hotel area .
Paul1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:35 PM   #5
ShugaShane562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1066 View Post
I launched there a more few times , no matter the tide that ramp is steep! . It’s ridiculous on being harassed about standing off of moored ships . Technically fishing the break water next too Queen Mary is 25yrds << like being near that rust bucket is supposed to be a crime . If you screen the bottom , there’s a channel that the Catalina Express boats . Use to navigate away from docks to open water . At low tide you can see the jet Catalina boats blowing mud up . Oh a and ramp area is a dirty dump trash everywhere. It’s really sad should be very nice . It’s right next to a real nice hotel area .

Yeah it’s terrible. It will be my last time launching there for sure haha. The trash is unacceptable. But what did it for me was, as I was landing that day. A jet ski came into the launch going 30mph right passed me. I was pissed, I hate that launch now haha

Old 09-16-2021, 09:04 AM   #6
gveng

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugaShane562 View Post
Yeah it’s terrible. It will be my last time launching there for sure haha. The trash is unacceptable. But what did it for me was, as I was landing that day. A jet ski came into the launch going 30mph right passed me. I was pissed, I hate that launch now haha

Agreed!

I stopped laughing there too.

I think it was the mix between the price of parking, boat traffic, trash in the water and the steep launch ramp.
gveng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:54 PM   #7
Paul1066
Junior

Ramp

Takes all my energy to get up that ramp . Jet ski dorks are a are like Hells Angels on water . They rent the skis at Mayan Hotel docks . And the renters don’t understand what 5mph from stern of Queen Mary means . They think a friendly wave from them , is a sorry for being a Ahole .

Last edited by Paul1066; 09-19-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Paul1066 is offline   Reply With Quote