Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #1
Salty

Video: Black Sea Bass- Dana Point

Put together this video of the nice Black Sea Bass I caught last weekend in Dana Point. Hope some of you enjoy the video at least!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKeWCW7PRYk&t=2s

This is my original post with some more info:
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=36562
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:06 AM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Well done! That was a nice looking BSB. It swam off pretty quickly without any reviving efforts. Nice that you kept the fish in the water the whole time for a good release.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #3
Wishnfishn
Junior

Great catch and nice release. Great video. Did you chase the bluefin a couple weeks back when they were thick and have any catches on video?
Wishnfishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:38 PM   #4
CardShark

Nice transition when the fish made that last run...could have lost a finger or taken a dip if the line was wrapped around the wrong spot
CardShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #5
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Well done! That was a nice looking BSB. It swam off pretty quickly without any reviving efforts. Nice that you kept the fish in the water the whole time for a good release.
Thanks man! I've caught BSB before where it takes a lot longer to revive them and get them to swim back down. This one had so much fight left, it was clearly not an issue lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishnfishn View Post
Great catch and nice release. Great video. Did you chase the bluefin a couple weeks back when they were thick and have any catches on video?
Thanks! Glad you liked the video. And I did get my fair share of tuna when they were running close, just on the boat, not on the kayak. And unfortunately, no video of that, only a few pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
Nice transition when the fish made that last run...could have lost a finger or taken a dip if the line was wrapped around the wrong spot
Yeah, I knew the whole time it was at the side of the boat that could happen, so I was mostly mentally prepared for it when it did happen. Free the line from both hands, grab the rod, reset the drag. Normally in a situation like that, I'd like to have gloves to manage the line, but didn't have any on me at the time, so I was just extra careful. If it was something legal to keep, it wouldn't have been an issue anyway because it would have been on the gaff!
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:07 PM   #6
the dude

nice vid, they get a lot bigger...

Tags
black sea bass, carolina, dana point, giant, seabass