Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-10-2020, 08:52 AM   #61
NICKWORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris View Post
For those of you buying one of these and planning to use a trailer and not surf launch, why not a livingston or small aluminium skiff?
I looked at Livingston's and just not my cup of tea (i wont be trailering my SOLO ), although i think Morgan from Hobie has a badass one for sale for like 6k or 7k. These Solos are basically a kayak on steroids, keeping that up close connection with the sea, but giving that option to cover so much more ground. The rigging options are endless, cost is cheaper (unless your are thinking about a bare bones Livingston), option to surf launch, etc. All in all its a matter of personal preference.

I will be using the front hatch as a bait tank and the medium size reliable bag barely covers the very front of the hatch, hints why i bought the clear center hatch option to access my bait. see pic. Plus i didnt want to have to keep removing the bungee to access bait because there is no other securement for the lid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Solo Skiff access hatch for bait tank..JPG (54.6 KB, 207 views)
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:29 AM   #62
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
I looked at Livingston's and just not my cup of tea (i wont be trailering my SOLO ), although i think Morgan from Hobie has a badass one for sale for like 6k or 7k. These Solos are basically a kayak on steroids, keeping that up close connection with the sea, but giving that option to cover so much more ground. The rigging options are endless, cost is cheaper (unless your are thinking about a bare bones Livingston), option to surf launch, etc. All in all its a matter of personal preference.

I will be using the front hatch as a bait tank and the medium size reliable bag barely covers the very front of the hatch, hints why i bought the clear center hatch option to access my bait. see pic. Plus i didnt want to have to keep removing the bungee to access bait because there is no other securement for the lid.

That things a small boat no where near a kayak lol
Warmshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:28 PM   #63
FISH11

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmshort View Post
That things a small boat no where near a kayak lol
It's as much a kayak as a PA. They both are made of Rotomolded polypropylene and can both be paddled, although I think the Solo would be easier.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:05 PM   #64
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
It's as much a kayak as a PA. They both are made of Rotomolded polypropylene and can both be paddled, although I think the Solo would be easier.

via GIPHY

chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #65
Warmshort

Quote:
Except one is powered by gas and the other by self propulsion so know they aren’t the same and you probably have to register your small boat aka skiff lmao it’s super cool though just not a kayak does it even have a back up ores lol
Old 06-10-2020, 03:13 PM   #66
Warmshort

Quote:
Except one is powered by gas and the other by self propulsion so know they aren’t the same and you probably have to register your small boat aka skiff lmao it’s super cool though just not a kayak does it even have a back up ores lol
And this being a kayak page and all shouldn’t you be on bloody decks or something lol ok ok I’ll stop but it’s a boat!
Old 06-10-2020, 03:21 PM   #67
Warmshort

Quote:
And this being a kayak page and all shouldn’t you be on bloody decks or something lol ok ok I’ll stop but it’s a boat!
I mean Skiffs in the name just saying
Old 06-10-2020, 06:36 PM   #68
FISH11

Talking

I'M LOL........ Just rolling on the floor. I knew I could troll someone into that age old debate. I just sold my 2016 Hobie Revo 13 that I fished extensibly since I bought it. I started out as a paddler after 3 1/2 yrs I bought the Revo and now I just want the ability to cover water (ground) as much as weather allows for very little money. i still intend to fish my Malibu X Factor sometimes and have it for when family wants to join. NO KAYAK or skiff is perfect!
Old 06-10-2020, 06:49 PM   #69
Warmshort

Quote:
I'M LOL........ Just rolling on the floor. I knew I could troll someone into that age old debate. I just sold my 2016 Hobie Revo 13 that I fished extensibly since I bought it. I started out as a paddler after 3 1/2 yrs I bought the Revo and now I just want the ability to cover water (ground) as much as weather allows for very little money. i still intend to fish my Malibu X Factor sometimes and have it for when family wants to join. NO KAYAK or skiff is perfect!
It’s all good it wasn’t a debate more of a fact check lmao have fun on that vessel. It is a sweet fishing platform I’ll give you that.
Old 06-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #70
FISH11

Talking

No problem it's all good. It's just fun stirring the pot when the fishing reports have been so scarce. Giving another try on the Malibu in the morning.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:53 AM   #71
NICKWORN

Quote:
Someones a little testy huh!!??

Who the *#@$ you to tell us what to do? OEX created this page and guess whos selling us the Skiffs?

By the way no one asked for your opinion partner! Keep it moving!

"does it even have back up oars" - LMAO this guy

Last edited by NICKWORN; 06-11-2020 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:43 AM   #72
Warmshort

Quote:
Someones a little testy huh!!??

Who the *#@$ you to tell us what to do? OEX created this page and guess whos selling us the Skiffs?

By the way no one asked for your opinion partner! Keep it moving!

"does it even have back up oars" - LMAO this guy
Looks like your testy lol it’s a skiff and I don’t give a fuck if OEX makes it. Ford makes focus, F150 etc but to you there just both fords lol your idiots
Old 06-11-2020, 10:49 AM   #73
Warmshort

Quote:
Looks like your testy lol it’s a skiff and I don’t give a fuck if OEX makes it. Ford makes focus, F150 etc but to you there just both fords lol your idiots
What’s the title of this web page again lmao. Go advertise your boats somewhere else.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #74
Warmshort

Quote:
What’s the title of this web page again lmao. Go advertise your boats somewhere else.
Oh and when this first was posted opinions were asked for. Do you guys know how to read or just go off the emojis lmao
Old 06-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #75
NICKWORN

Quote:
LMAO, u dont like the thread, simply skip past it!

Its funny you were super curious a few weeks back, now your coming off like your an OG kayaker (Joined a year ago or so, contributed nothing to this page) whos claiming his turf telling folks what to post and what not to post, whats a kayak and whats not a kayak.

Beat It noob, go study up on the red tide!

Old 06-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #76
Warmshort

Quote:
LMAO, u dont like the thread, simply skip past it!

Its funny you were super curious a few weeks back, now your coming off like your an OG kayaker (Joined a year ago or so, contributed nothing to this page) whos claiming his turf telling folks what to post and what not to post, whats a kayak and whats not a kayak.

Beat It noob, go study up on the red tide!

Solos have been out a while and I only got testy as you put it when it was compared to a kayak. Shouldn’t this be on a different thread. Never claimed to be an OG as you put And why are you defending the guy like he’s your retarded step son. A Solo is not a kayak and shouldn’t even be compared to one. Should maybe start a new thread for solos.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:17 AM   #77
Warmshort

Quote:
Solos have been out a while and I only got testy as you put it when it was compared to a kayak. Shouldn’t this be on a different thread. Never claimed to be an OG as you put And why are you defending the guy like he’s your retarded step son. A Solo is not a kayak and shouldn’t even be compared to one. Should maybe start a new thread for solos.
Should I bend over and praise you now Solo king
Old 06-11-2020, 11:36 AM   #78
Warmshort

Quote:
Should I bend over and praise you now Solo king
Different forum I mean
Old 06-11-2020, 01:01 PM   #79
jruiz
Large Member

Not really popcorn, but it was the closest thing I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200611_135859.jpg (48.1 KB, 173 views)
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #80
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruiz View Post
Not really popcorn, but it was the closest thing I have.
Close enough lol your in the clear your pre 2016 so According to Fish face your an OG.