Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
FREE GWS Safety Kayak service now available for BWE memebers

You know how they have "designated drivers" at the Charger tailgate parties???

Well, there is some great news celebrating the end of Shark Week...

BWE members now have a "designated GWS safety kayak". I made an investment to support my 2 favorite Kayak Fishing teams...Team Lollipop and Team Sewer and other Senior Members of BWE. I went out and bought a Shark Shield on ebay tonight. If you invite me on your WFO WSB, Halibut or Yellowtail bite, I will volunteer to be your designated shark safety boat.

If you are being chased by a large f**king Mako or GWS - the paddle over to me and I will protect you with a 15' electronic shield. While we wait for the monster to leave - I will fire up my new electric hibachi and and grill us up a tri-tip steak dinner complete with baked potato, corn on the cob and a garden salad and a cold beverage of your choice ...
Old Man in the Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man in the Sea View Post

BWE members now have a "designated GWS safety kayak". I made an investment to support my 2 favorite Kayak Fishing teams...Team Lollipop and Team Sewer and other Senior Members of BWE. I went out and bought a Shark Shield on ebay tonight. If you invite me on your WFO WSB, Halibut or Yellowtail bite, I will volunteer to be your designated shark safety boat.

If you are being chased by a large f**king Mako or GWS - the paddle over to me and I will protect you with a 15' electronic shield. While we wait for the monster to leave - I will fire up my new electric hibachi and and grill us up a tri-tip steak dinner complete with baked potato, corn on the cob and a garden salad and a cold beverage of your choice ...
Randy, stop watching shark week!! your making yourself paranoid!

Why are you so afraid of sharks?

driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Talking

Just call my friend Eric. Im sure he can set you up with something thats proven to work if your that worried.

http://sharkdefense.com/News/news.html

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
dorado50

NOT a waste of money....its making the inventor of this gimmick a lot of money.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
ful-rac
Emperor

I hope your kidding....

How much did you spend on this....shark repellant?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
TJones

the same unit

works on both species ? i did check it out after my recent encounter . if nothing else i will donate my chum bucket to you'r research and development team . pm for pictures .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #7
Jimmyz123

Quote:

Did watching Shark Week scare you or something? I was actually more encouraged after watching it and thinking how nice it is that we don't see too many Bull Sharks around here. I don't plan to kayak anytime soon in the "Red Triangle" up in No. Cal, but I feel more confident that there will be more seals eaten by the Tax Men that are patrolling the area.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
Old Man in the Sea

part true part joke

I was trying to make people laugh..

part true
1) I do want to fish more with team Lollipop and Team Sewer
2) I did get a $649 shark shield on EBAY for $150 that might need new battery. I can replace the battery for about $25. I can always sell and get my $$ back. This is cheaper and safer than a bang stick. There are GWS and large Makos in LJ although very rare..they do swim up right up to your kayak and I wanted to have a good defense. Recommended by my spearfishing and veteran navy seal buddy.
3) You can dock your kayak next to me if you are being followed by a GWS.
4) I had one of the best days fishing with team Sewer - I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my cheeks

part joke
No electric Hibachi or steak dinner provided...
WFO WSB, Halibut or Yellowtail bite...
Old 08-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
Cbad Mike

Quote:
I was trying to make people laugh..

part true
1) I do want to fish more with team Lollipop and Team Sewer
2) I did get a $649 shark shield on EBAY for $150 that might need new battery. I can replace the battery for I about $25. I can always sell and get my $$ back. This is cheaper and safer than a bang stick. There are GWS and large Makos in LJ although very rare..they do swim up right up to your kayak and I wanted to have a good defense. Recommended by my spearfishing and veteran navy seal buddy.
3) You can dock your kayak next to me if you are being followed by a GWS.
4) I had one of the best days fishing with team Sewer - I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my cheeks

part joke
No electric Hibachi or steak dinner provided...
WFO WSB, Halibut or Yellowtail bite...
SHAME ON YOU!!!
As a veteran BWE member you should know that we in no way tolerate jokesters on here especially when talking about a free steak dinner with all the fixins. Really un cool!!!
Kayak fishing is serious! It's no laughing matter. If you want to be a comedian, make jokes, and dangle free meals in front of people's faces then join the Jenny Craig forum and tease away.

As for your new shark defense system... Make damn sure that you don't cross the wires when hooking up your battery because if you do it will reverse everything in the unit and make it actually attract sharks.

As for fishing with Team Lollipop...... Anytime.

Last edited by Cbad Mike; 08-12-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: because I can
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
Drake

I was spear fishing off some paddies last week. After the 7th or 8th kelp I dove on one and was surprised when I saw an 8ft - ish Mako right under the kelp. Its crazy how small you feel when you're one on one. I swam so fast my mask popped off my face
Old 08-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
StinkyMatt

Randy,

If you want to catch fish, fish with the Lolipoops.

If you want to have fun and eat burgers and hot dogs in the parking lot while blocking traffic with our grill then come fish with Sewer.

There are no sharks in LJ. Just a silly rumor started to get the kayakers to thin out a little.

StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #12
wade

I just deleted (4) people off my 'fishdope-speed dial-notification system', so their is room for ya, Randy..Just keep that thing off when we go out again..
I have heard conflicting theories about these shields...
One of them being that it actually might attract them up until initial contact field where the freq then becomes annoying to them..

wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
rhyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
I don't plan to kayak anytime soon in the "Red Triangle" up in No. Cal, but I feel more confident that there will be more seals eaten by the Tax Men that are patrolling the area.
Why not more GWS attacks in San Diego then up north!!!

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
Old Man in the Sea

all charged ready to rumble

Shield charged up in 4 hours..just like brand new...
I will probably keep it turned off all the time unless I see 2 dolphins swimming towards me in a straight line or this guy swimming towards me that they saw on the Dolphin today....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dolphin GWS.jpg (42.0 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Old Man in the Sea; 08-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.