Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 03-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #1
teenelson1978
Junior

Bay Access

I really want to go out but an afraid of getting a ticket or something. Are we allowed to launch our kayaks in the bay?
teenelson1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #2
blazian

No, launches are closed

Last edited by blazian; 04-01-2020 at 07:46 AM.
blazian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:21 PM   #3
teenelson1978
Junior

Thanks, Brotha.
teenelson1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:40 PM   #4
Oolie
Headshots Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazian View Post
No launches are closed
Comma absence intentional?
Oolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:46 AM   #5
blazian

Oops you are correct. Should have a comma. Thanks!
blazian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #6
govomit

why not?

According to the Port Authority website there is no problem for kayakers to be on the water:
Q: Is kayaking/water skiing/stand up paddle boarding on San Diego Bay permitted?
A: Consistent with state orders regarding recreation, outdoor exercise is allowed so long as you can maintain a safe social distance of six feet from people who aren’t part of your household. Per the state stay-at-home order, non-essential gatherings of any size are not allowed. Everyone has the responsibility to “Flatten the COVID-19 Curve” by maintaining a social distance of 6 feet or more when recreating in the outdoors, and staying home if they are sick. If you cannot maintain social distancing, you need to go elsewhere or return home.
govomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:56 PM   #7
FISH11

The State has one order, but the City of San Diego is the one who through the Mayor order has Closed All Bays, Parks and Beaches. That is pretty self explanatory. We ll want to get out there, but I just can't understand why so many people spend so much energy trying to ALWAYS get around rules and laws. Why so many are so self-important that nothing applies to them! It is always for other to follow the rules. If there weren't stills rules the result would be that there would be violence out there regarding those who think it's all about them.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:18 PM   #8
FoodGeekFish

Quote:
According to the Port Authority website there is no problem for kayakers to be on the water:
Q: Is kayaking/water skiing/stand up paddle boarding on San Diego Bay permitted?
A: Consistent with state orders regarding recreation, outdoor exercise is allowed so long as you can maintain a safe social distance of six feet from people who aren’t part of your household. Per the state stay-at-home order, non-essential gatherings of any size are not allowed. Everyone has the responsibility to “Flatten the COVID-19 Curve” by maintaining a social distance of 6 feet or more when recreating in the outdoors, and staying home if they are sick. If you cannot maintain social distancing, you need to go elsewhere or return home.
Not as of midnight tonight.

https://www.portofsandiego.org/covid...gVwzS9-QpPdYBc
FoodGeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:12 PM   #9
govomit

yep, they changed the website answers this afternoon. It's all waterproof now.
govomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:21 AM   #10
Harry Hill

It is a 120 mile drive for me to get to the bay and I had every intention of heading down there this week but luckily on got on BWE and saw that the City closed to bays to all recreation. Now I'm going to roll my yak into the wife's aviary, park it next to her turtle pond, it's only 8' in diameter, and fish for the bullhead I threw in her pond when she wasn't looking. Maybe I'll put the yak on saw horses so I can work the peddle drive. Yaaa, I'm going fishing