Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
MrPatrick

Need reel suggestions

I have four Ugly Stick Tiger Rods medium-light 12-30 pounds. These will be part of the raffle/auction at Bass and Brew. I want to get reels for them so that they will be combos suitable for bass and rockfish. It will need to be used reels in good shape. I've spent quite a bit already and can't afford four new reels. I'm not sure what matches up to them at a reasonable price. If you have a reel in good shape that you aren't using let me know. If you have a reel you could donate I (and my wife), would appreciate the savings. Thanks for putting up with me everyone.

Patrick
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #2
spottie slayer

u want cheap. u want bass and rockfish. u are going to sell them. get a penn jigmaster. they match up perfectly with tigers. i have the same combo it works. great to lend to friends, and beginners that I take out. I also fish with it myself occasionally.

cuda 14 ftw
spottie slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
MrPatrick

Reels

Bump
Old 04-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
30lbbg2299

Maybe some of the new okuma Cortez smallest size loaded with braid I live these reels. Light and strong and all u need for those kind if fishing. Used will be cheaper and they retail off shelves 4 130 so u might be able to get one for around 100 bucks. Another reel that is a little cheaper and smaller is the Abu Garcia record or any of their round baitcast reels besides the 60 dollar bcx. The round baitcasts I think they are the 6500 series that retail for 90 to 80 bucks
30lbbg2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
Erion929
Junior

Don't know much about those rods but are you looking for spinning or baitcasting?
Erion929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #6
philr21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrick View Post
I have four Ugly Stick Tiger Rods medium-light 12-30 pounds. These will be part of the raffle/auction at Bass and Brew. I want to get reels for them so that they will be combos suitable for bass and rockfish. It will need to be used reels in good shape. I've spent quite a bit already and can't afford four new reels. I'm not sure what matches up to them at a reasonable price. If you have a reel in good shape that you aren't using let me know. If you have a reel you could donate I (and my wife), would appreciate the savings. Thanks for putting up with me everyone.

Patrick
Have Abu c3 6500s on mine
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
outdoorzen

I agree with spottieslayer, get a jigmaster, cheap and effective.
outdoorzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
MrPatrick

Reels

They need casting reels.