Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #61
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I found another way to access the fishing license if you forgot your license and have a smart phone on you. It'll show all the info the officer need so he would have no reason to write you up. Links below.

https://www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/InternetSales/

Boy, you got off easy. I would have assumed that after you went through all this you wouldn't even bother seeking an alternative to simply having your license on you. Is it really that hard? I forgot my license once, you want to know what I did? I stopped at the landing and bought a single day license.

Have you ever dealt with the public, I mean really dealt with them in a face to face type of way? Do you know why government workers have a big chip on their shoulder? Its because people don't follow rules that are as clear as day. Deal with someone face to face here and there that can't follow a rule and you'll play nice but deal with people that can't follow simple directions day after day after day and your attitude will change. What I'm trying to say is that the Warden is not going to sit around and wait for you while you to get your phone, find a website and log-in. Chances are that he'll probably be writing the ticket for not having your license while you're doing all that.

P.S.

what are you going to do if your phone is dead or if you do not have a signal?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer

Last edited by jorluivil; 08-25-2014 at 07:38 PM.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #62
John59
Junior

From the OP... Please read that till the DFW showed up he thought he had his license.

They then ask for my fishing license and I look at my center storage and said "shit i must have left it in my car." I asked, can i go get since my car is near? They said nope, and bam my rod gets a bite and the DFG said to reel it in. What do you know a legal halibut. Since I don't have my license on me, they released my halibut, and handed me a ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Boy, you got off easy. I would have assumed that after you went through all this you wouldn't even bother seeking an alternative to simply having your license on you. Is it really that hard? I forgot my license once, you want to know what I did? I stopped at the landing and bought a single day license.

Have you ever dealt with the public, I mean really dealt with them in a face to face type of way? Do you know why government workers have a big chip on their shoulder? Its because people don't follow rules that are as clear as day. Deal with someone face to face here and there that can't follow a rule and you'll play nice but deal with people that can't follow simple directions day after day after day and your attitude will change. What I'm trying to say is that the Warden is not going to sit around and wait for you while you to get your phone, find a website and log-in. Chances are that he'll probably be writing the ticket for not having your license while you're doing all that.

P.S.

what are you going to do if your phone is dead or if you do not have a signal?
John59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #63
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Well $hit, Congratulations. Sounds like the Judge is a fisherman.
hopefully we have all learned to make sure we have our license in our possession. when we go out. thanks for the update.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #64
blitzburgh

Good for you dude
Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 AM   #65
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by John59 View Post
From the OP... Please read that till the DFW showed up he thought he had his license.

They then ask for my fishing license and I look at my center storage and said "shit i must have left it in my car." I asked, can i go get since my car is near? They said nope, and bam my rod gets a bite and the DFG said to reel it in. What do you know a legal halibut. Since I don't have my license on me, they released my halibut, and handed me a ticket

I was commenting on him saying there is a website where you can look up your license and not at his original comment. However, since you're quoting the first thread read the last line of that thread and you'll understand my comment. I know my comment came across in a dikish kind of way but rules are rules and the rules state that you have to have your license in your possession, it doesn't say anything about being able to show proof that you purchased one. If it works, great for all of us!

Keep in mind that its our responsibility to know the rules and its the Wardens job to enforce them. Anyway, I'm all out of popcorn so I'll move on to the next show.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #66
Rambo

I'm not saying you shouldn't carry a license when fishing, but giving others fishermen who bought fishing license to have other means of back up in case they find themselves in my situation. We are already the highest fee paying state for fishing license but if you have a smartphone or phone, just take images or screen capture of both license and digital sign in of the dfg website. Make a folder in your smart phone for fishing license so it's easy accessible.

But yes, I got off easy this time, thanks for the kind heart judge. Also in court, a digital proof is as good as printed from what the judge says.
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #67
addicted2sp33d
Here fishy fishy fishy...

Wow. This thread has been quite the adventure.

Glad you got it worked out.
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #68
momo fish

That's odd cause I lost my license last month and spoke to DFG officer up in Sacramento and I asked him the same question about a digital copy of my license and was told doesn't matter as we need to see the original license as digital can be altered or forged more easily. I asked if I can show proof via the online link that shows I purchased it and he said again, doesn't matter. Law states you need to have it in your possession. Surprised judge told you that.

Needless to say I stayed home till it arrived in the mail. First thing I pull out when going fishing is my license cause without it I can't fish. A reel, rod, kayak won't do me any good if I can't legally fish.

Glad it worked out for you and hope it's a reminder for future trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I'm not saying you shouldn't carry a license when fishing, but giving others fishermen who bought fishing license to have other means of back up in case they find themselves in my situation. We are already the highest fee paying state for fishing license but if you have a smartphone or phone, just take images or screen capture of both license and digital sign in of the dfg website. Make a folder in your smart phone for fishing license so it's easy accessible.

But yes, I got off easy this time, thanks for the kind heart judge. Also in court, a digital proof is as good as printed from what the judge says.
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #69
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

it just depends on the mood of the officer

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #70
jruiz
Large Member

jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #71
CheapPelican

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I was commenting on him saying there is a website where you can look up your license and not at his original comment. However, since you're quoting the first thread read the last line of that thread and you'll understand my comment. I know my comment came across in a dikish kind of way but rules are rules and the rules state that you have to have your license in your possession, it doesn't say anything about being able to show proof that you purchased one. If it works, great for all of us!

Keep in mind that its our responsibility to know the rules and its the Wardens job to enforce them. Anyway, I'm all out of popcorn so I'll move on to the next show.
Yes, rules are rules, but often when someone has a the right attitude, a nice pair of breasts and long hair to flip, the rules turn into guidelines. Unfortunately most of us do not have the latter two. Better to have a good attitude and some sort the option to have a shot of talking your way out of a $100.00 fine (or whatever it is now) or $25 and wasting half a day in court.

I got stopped on the water at bigbear a few years ago. I saw Patrol coming so I turned for my tackle bag which is usually clipped to behind my seat. I forgot that I used my loaner yak and just grabbed my rod. All my gear was still in the hobie, on the beach, 200yds away. I told the officer that I had both and asked if i could get it. "I believe you. I saw you going for it when you saw me coming. Make sure to keep them with you." he replied. I never saw him again.