Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Chief Gunner

Proper pesonal introduction is overdue..

1st I'd like to say Thank you all and the Mods for letting me come aboard here and Thank You to the few I have met on the Waters Edge and fished with. I lurked here for quite a while before signing up, I think there are some really good people here who "Get it".

Anyway; My name is Aaron and I've been a very Avid Fisherman just about all my life and like most Retired Military people here in the San Diego here I am a transplant (From New England). I Grew up in the closest thing to Alaska in the lower 48 in the Great state of Maine. Fishing, Hunting, Guns and being Outdoors is in my blood in a big way

I've been Retired from The World's Greatest Navy since April of '09, and as my "handle" here implies I am a former "Chief Gunner"& Still working on the Water Front as a "Tech Rep".

My time in the Worlds finest "Canoe Club" allowed me to fish in the biggest Pond in the world; From it's Northern most edges to it's Southern, Eastern, Western Edges & far beyond as well (and allot of places in between) and I can tell you it was an Awesome life experience/s that I will always remember.

I take allot of pride in being "Old School" when it comes to fishing or just about anything I do and who I am; 12-18 hour days in my PA on the water is my norm. I won't brag without pics but I've been known to bring home some serious bacon LOL

THANK YOU again for having me and I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you from time to time and getting out on the water.

Aaron
Chief Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Gunner View Post
1st I'd like to say Thank you all and the Mods for letting me come aboard here and Thank You to the few I have met on the Waters Edge and fished with. I lurked here for quite a while before signing up, I think there are some really good people here who "Get it".

Anyway; My name is Aaron and I've been a very Avid Fisherman just about all my life and like most Retired Military people here in the San Diego here I am a transplant (From New England). I Grew up in the closest thing to Alaska in the lower 48 in the Great state of Maine. Fishing, Hunting, Guns and being Outdoors is in my blood in a big way

I've been Retired from The World's Greatest Navy since April of '09, and as my "handle" here implies I am a former "Chief Gunner"& Still working on the Water Front as a "Tech Rep".

My time in the Worlds finest "Canoe Club" allowed me to fish in the biggest Pond in the world; From it's Northern most edges to it's Southern, Eastern, Western Edges & far beyond as well (and allot of places in between) and I can tell you it was an Awesome life experience/s that I will always remember.

I take allot of pride in being "Old School" when it comes to fishing or just about anything I do and who I am; 12-18 hour days in my PA on the water is my norm. I won't brag without pics but I've been known to bring home some serious bacon LOL

THANK YOU again for having me and I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you from time to time and getting out on the water.

Aaron
Thank you for your service Chief. Welcome aboard! (See what I did there? muahhaha)
Old 06-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
DanaPT

pics or it didn't happen.

Cool intro, thank you for your service. Hope I run into you out in the great wide open.

maybe you'll teach me a few things.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
YakMedic

You are now formally welcomed. I'm hoping to be a transplant in reverse order of you one day. I love Maine!

Sounds like your putting in the work in the Prangler, looking forward to the pics.

Thank You for your service
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:14 AM   #5
Chief Gunner

Thaks guys; I will do my best to make positive contributions here. Like other sites & groups I have been a member of (ADV Riders, San Diego Adventure Riders, VMAX Forum.net) we all share a common interest which leads to new & lasting friendships and having allot of great times together enjoying and sharing what we do is what it's all about.

See you on the water!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #6
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Thaks guys; I will do my best to make positive contributions here. Like other sites & groups I have been a member of (ADV Riders, San Diego Adventure Riders, VMAX Forum.net) we all share a common interest which leads to new & lasting friendships and having allot of great times together enjoying and sharing what we do is what it's all about.

See you on the water!
Excellent intro, thanks to you and all for your service, now let's go catch some fish....
Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Devildawgjj
Kayak BOOT

Welcome aboard shipmate! How about picking a rank/rate....

You are either a "Chief" or "Gunner"

You can't be both!!

Squids always trying to promote themselves where they see fit
Devildawgjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
Chief Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildawgjj View Post
Welcome aboard shipmate! How about picking a rank/rate....

You are either a "Chief" or "Gunner"

You can't be both!!

Squids always trying to promote themselves where they see fit
Sure I can be both; "Chief Petty Officer" / "Chief Gunners Mate"= "Chief Gunner"

It's ok though I understand....I was raised by the guy kneeling in the center of this pic (Dad) He was a 3rd Recon Battalion, Alpha Co., 1st Platoon Team Member. (The pic was taken at Camp Reasoner ,Phu Bai Vietnam 1967)

He made damn sure that the way he raised me would make my 20+ in the Navy EASY Compared to what he went through
Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Front row bottom right thats me.
Welcome to BWE

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Devildawgjj
Kayak BOOT

[QUOTE=Chief Gunner;123113]Sure I can be both; "Chief Petty Officer" / "Chief Gunners Mate"= "Chief Gunner"

I was traking first time Chief....Just bust'in your balls.

Thank's for you and your family's service!!

Semper Fi
Devildawgjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Talking The Chief's 2 Golden rules

Quote:
...It's ok though I understand....I was raised by the guy kneeling in the center of this pic (Dad) He was a 3rd Recon Battalion, Alpha Co., 1st Platoon Team Member. (The pic was taken at Camp Reasoner ,Phu Bai Vietnam 1967)

He made damn sure that the way he raised me would make my 20+ in the Navy EASY Compared to what he went through

I know what you mean Aaron. I was raised by the Senior Chief and you remember the 2 Golden Rules: it starts off something like..."the Chief is always right..."
Now, I'm involved with making some really neat "hardware" for that 'World's finest Canoe Club' you speak about.
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:17 AM   #12
RockyRaab

Crisp salute, my naval brother. 23 Air Force years here - and living in Utah, I'm still a mile above you, LOL!
RockyRaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #13
RobFish
Massive Member

Welcome Chief.
Thanks for your service. Now it's time to go kayak fishing with your new pals.
ADV huh? Well then, with a warm embrace and a cold beer...

FYYFF

RobFish
Old 06-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
Chief Gunner

Thank You all for the replies; Freedom is not Free and until my dying breath I will thank the Lord that I was shown the "Way" in my Life; The time I spend on the water and the serenity it brings me each time I go out is a blessing that takes me to a better place
Old 06-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

Quote:
Freedom is not Free and until my dying breath I will thank the Lord that I was shown the "Way" in my Life; The time I spend on the water and the serenity it brings me each time I go out is a blessing that takes me to a better place
Amen Brother!
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote